Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
MarmK Wrote:It all looks correct, I'll have another look tomorrow after a nights sleep!
Once again thanks for taking the trouble to help.

Have just tried a quick install of xbmc onto a laptop and added the playercorefactory into the \userdata folder.
Exactly the same result.
I generated the codes below for you, and you can do as follow:

1. Download Playercorefactory and PlayDisc
2. Save both files in AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata folder
3. If these paths in Playercorefactory are different than what is on your HTPC, you need to change it to the correct paths
a. C:\Program Files\Media Player Classic - Home Cinema\mpc-hc64.exe
b. C:\Users\Dell\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat
4. If this path in PlayDisc is different than what is on your HTPC, you need to change it to the correct path
a. "C:\Program Files\Media Player Classic - Home Cinema\mpc-hc64.exe" E:
5. Clicks both Playercorefactory and PlayDisc to make sure that it launch without error
6. Launch XBMC and try out some blu-ray MKV/M2TS files and blu-ray disc

I tried blu-ray M2TS/MKV files and blu-ray disc with these codes in two of my HTPC's, and it worked fine! Smile
bluray Wrote:I generated the codes below for you, and you can do as follow

You are a legend, thank you!
did you also check, whether this works with an external blu ray drive, which is connected via USB ?

cheers,
noname
noname Wrote:did you also check, whether this works with an external blu ray drive, which is connected via USB ?

cheers,
noname
No, I don't have a USB BD-ROM to try. If you can playback blu-ray disc with the software included in your USB BD-ROM, it shouldn't be any different from internal BD-ROM.
so how do you exit after the movie is done and/or you have gone through all the extras?
without using a mouse or keyboard remote/phone only
intertan Wrote:so how do you exit after the movie is done and/or you have gone through all the extras?
without using a mouse or keyboard remote/phone only
Exit what (external or XBMC)?
bluray Wrote:Exit what (external or XBMC)?

external
guess that takes the phone off the list.
intertan Wrote:external
What media player did you used for external player?
intertan Wrote:external

with xbmc remote, if you hit stop, that should exit you out and back to xbmc, at least it does for me, but you still need another app to control the external player so i'm switching back and forth between xbmc remote and mpc-hc remote on my android phone for now.
biggest problem i have with this external setup is it seems quite finicky, it works when it feels like it, sometimes no problem, othertimes errors pop up from windows that it can't do something or other, tonight i had to reboot the system so it would work again.
robl45 Wrote:with xbmc remote, if you hit stop, that should exit you out and back to xbmc, at least it does for me, but you still need another app to control the external player so i'm switching back and forth between xbmc remote and mpc-hc remote on my android phone for now.
No, I don't use another app. I use the same MCE remote with MPC-HC keys, and here is what I did- post #11.
robl45 Wrote:biggest problem i have with this external setup is it seems quite finicky, it works when it feels like it, sometimes no problem, othertimes errors pop up from windows that it can't do something or other, tonight i had to reboot the system so it would work again.
I'm not sure why, because I don't have any error in 3 HTPC's using XBMC external player (MPC-HC, TMT5, PDVD10).
tmt5
using beta 2
playing everything
got it to work sometimes. can't play flac music. Remote does not work but it didn't work properly before.

for now I may have tmt5 just play blu-rays and xbmc everything else. Now I need to figure out how to get that to work.

still would like to get tmt5 play my dvd iso and blu-ray so I can play with the 3d feature.
Is 2shared.com (source for the OP links) down? I have been unable to download any of the files to test w/ PDVD11. If Boxee can support HD Audio why can't XBMC?

I miss my True HD!
intertan Wrote:for now I may have tmt5 just play blu-rays and xbmc everything else. Now I need to figure out how to get that to work.

still would like to get tmt5 play my dvd iso and blu-ray so I can play with the 3d feature.
Yes, you can with these playercorefactory codes:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="ISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\[COLOR="Blue"]Dell
\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>

</player>
<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">