Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
bluray Wrote:I haven't have much time to play around with it. If I have time this weekend, I'll play around with it. It might be something simple, because the same codes work fine with TMT5.

Great. thanks for your help. This is weird. When I have this

@echo off
rem you can place your PlayISO file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\
rem you need to put the correct VCDMount drive letter in the command below

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /l=q %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\Powerdvd11.exe" Q:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /l=q /u

It just gets stuck at the xbmc screen. I check "My computer" and the iso mounts fine. I can then launch pwrdvd outside of xbmc it will work. When I try:
@echo off
rem you can place your PlayISO file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\
rem you need to put the correct VCDMount drive letter in the command below

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /l=q %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" Q:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\Powerdvd11.exe" Q:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /l=q /u
The iso will launch pwrdvd11 and mount fine and actually play. But when I close it there is a note box that says there is another version of the app running etc.
Don't know if this helps or not, but I'll wait for your input.
thanks again.
bluray, it works. Thanks for the help!
bluray Wrote:Can you try TMT5 15 days trial version? Just want to see if VCD and AndyDVD HD can mount/unmount BD ISO using TMT5 on your HTPC.
Did a quick try last night with TMT5 (latest version)

When using TMT5 with the same files used for PowerDVD11, it is still not working without the /l=G in the playISO.bat file, so that the G: drive is actually mounted to the _BD.iso file.

Witout the /l=G command option a message as I posted a couple of post ago is stated

(this is an other image, but same kind of error)

The image file isn't mounted to drive G:

The UAC is switched off in my win7 ultimate HTPC.

When opening the ISO from within XBMC, the same behavior as posted before (TMT5 is looking at drive E (the physical BRdrive) instead of drive G)
After closing this message TMT5 pop-ups, and the message of VCD appears again and so on. Only closing XBMC.exe process in the taskmanager stops this.

An other thing I noticed is, that with playercorefactory.xml placed in the userdata folder, all the files in XBMC (als DVD's with video_ts folder) will start up TMT5
That's not what I want. It should only start TMT5 when playing an Bluray disc (Play Disc in XBMC) or choosing a _BD.iso file from within XBMC

Tonight I will replace all the files again with the TMT5 files, maybe there's some in the files wrong.
Is it possible to add external subtitles in XBMC when I use external player for bluray disc from bdrom?
Chris12 Wrote:Witout the /l=G command option a message as I posted a couple of post ago is stated
I'm not sure why it required to specify "/I=G" on your HTPC. VCD should mount to the specified drive in the 2nd line. I never have to specify it on my HTPC.
Chris & Ricker- I had a chance to play around with PowerDVD 11 codes for about 20 minutes last night. I got these codes to work on my HTPC.

1. Download- Playercorefactory.xml and PlayISO.bat
2. Make sure that the available VCD drive is enter in PlayISO.bat codes (the 1st line and 2nd line). I used "J" as my VCD drive in the code.
3. Make sure to change all the directories in Playercorefactory.xml to the correct directories on your HTPC.
4. If it is not yet set, you can set PowerDVD 11 to "play automatically upon insert disc" in PowerDVD 11 settings/player/advanced

If PowerDVD 11 don't playback automatically, you can simply click "play" button on PowerDVD 11 UI to start the movie "after VCD/AnyDVD do it things in the background".
xero273 Wrote:bluray, it works. Thanks for the help!
Congratulation and it's time to enjoy the movie then! Smile
bluray Wrote:Chris & Ricker- I had a chance to play around with PowerDVD 11 codes for about 20 minutes last night. I got these codes to work on my HTPC.

1. Download- Playercorefactory.xml and PlayISO.bat
2. Make sure that the available VCD drive is enter in PlayISO.bat codes (the 1st line and 2nd line). I used "J" as my VCD drive in the code.
3. Make sure to change all the directories in Playercorefactory.xml to the correct directories on your HTPC.
4. If it is not yet set, you can set PowerDVD 11 to "play automatically upon insert disc" in PowerDVD 11 settings/player/advanced

If PowerDVD 11 don't playback automatically, you can simply click "play" button on PowerDVD 11 UI to start the movie "after VCD/AnyDVD do it things in the background".

I will try tonight!
Ok, these new files are working, when right-click iso >> open with >> PlayISIO.bat! When closing PowerDVD11, the iso stays mounted.

From within XBMC (10.1, MQ2 skin) when choosing the iso file, the same message is displayed that the image cant be mounted by VCD.
Also when looking at AnyDVD, and My Computer, there is no image mounted.
Chris12 Wrote:Ok, these new files are working, when right-click iso >> open with >> PlayISIO.bat! When closing PowerDVD11, the iso stays mounted.

From within XBMC (10.1, MQ2 skin) when choosing the iso file, the same message is displayed that the image cant be mounted by VCD.
Also when looking at AnyDVD, and My Computer, there is no image mounted.
If it worked fine when playback BD ISO directly on PayISO.bat, it shoud work with XBMC. The ISO should stay mounted after each movie. When you start anohter ISO movie, it'll be un-mounted with the first line of the code and mount the new ISO movie with the second line of the code. I think that XBMC is mixed up somewhere. Can you try these steps-

-Rename XBMC folder <\AppData\Roaming> to XBMC_original
-Launch XBMC to generate a new XBMC folder in <\AppData\Roaming> folder, and close it afterward
-Move playercorefactory.xml and PlayISO.bat from XBMC_original to the new <\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata> folder
-Launch XBMC and try to playback the same movie again

Edit- I tried several BD ISO with the new playercorefactory and iso codes tonight. It un-mounted and mounted BD ISO and launched PowerDVD 11 and played movies automatically. I think it works as good as TMT5 on my HTPC. You need to replace (<args>"{1}" /fullscreen</args>) with (<args>"{1}"</args>). Here are playercorefactory.xml and playiso.bat again!
So this seems to work really good but on occasion a pop up will launch when switching to a different iso a box saying Koan dummy: No disc found in X.. so you can hit exit try again or continue. I hit continue and it launches pwpdvd and sometimes will play the movie or I have to go to the movie drop down selection and pick the movie and it plays fine. I can live with this. Not sure if the info I provided will help.
Thanks BluRay for your help.
R
Riker0007 Wrote:So this seems to work really good but on occasion a pop up will launch when switching to a different iso a box saying Koan dummy: No disc found in X.. so you can hit exit try again or continue. I hit continue and it launches pwpdvd and sometimes will play the movie or I have to go to the movie drop down selection and pick the movie and it plays fine. I can live with this. Not sure if the info I provided will help.
Thanks BluRay for your help.
R
I'm glad that you got it to playback BD ISO now. Sorry, I cannot create the error "Koan dummy" though. I tried several BD ISO, and it mounted BD ISO's and launched movies with PowerDVD 11 automatically every time. You can try to add 2 second delays in PlayISO.bat with the codes below:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u J:\nul

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %*
ping -n 2 -w 1000 127.0.0.1 > nul

"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" J:\

Make sure that you do these in PowerDVD 11 settings:

bluray Wrote:If it worked fine when playback BD ISO directly on PayISO.bat, it shoud work with XBMC. The ISO should stay mounted after each movie. When you start anohter ISO movie, it'll be un-mounted with the first line of the code and mount the new ISO movie with the second line of the code. I think that XBMC is mixed up somewhere. Can you try these steps-

-Rename XBMC folder <\AppData\Roaming> to XBMC_original
-Launch XBMC to generate a new XBMC folder in <\AppData\Roaming> folder, and close it afterward
-Move playercorefactory.xml and PlayISO.bat from XBMC_original to the new <\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata> folder
-Launch XBMC and try to playback the same movie again

Edit- I tried several BD ISO with the new playercorefactory and iso codes tonight. It un-mounted and mounted BD ISO and launched PowerDVD 11 and played movies automatically. I think it works as good as TMT5 on my HTPC. You need to replace (<args>"{1}" /fullscreen</args>) with (<args>"{1}"</args>). Here are playercorefactory.xml and playiso.bat again!

I will do a rebuild of my HTPC next week (installing a 64GB SSD, and 6TB extra disc capacity). XBMC will be installed again, I think I''ll switch to v11 Beta3. Seems to work fine for a lot of people!

My XBMC needed some cleaning anyway... Smarter disc structure on the NAS and HTPC. Maybe I reached the limits of 10.1 with over 10k of movies...
Chris12 Wrote:I will do a rebuild of my HTPC next week (installing a 64GB SSD, and 6TB extra disc capacity). XBMC will be installed again, I think I''ll switch to v11 Beta3. Seems to work fine for a lot of people!

My XBMC needed some cleaning anyway... Smarter disc structure on the NAS and HTPC. Maybe I reached the limits of 10.1 with over 10k of movies...
I'm using Beta 3 with TMT5/PDVD11 now, and I'm very happy with it. Good luck on your HTPC, and you'll enjoy the bootup speed of SSD drive! Smile
is power dvd as an external player better than using xbmc to play blu ray content for both audio and visual quality?

i have an ati 7970 and a Yamaha htr 3063 reciever using hdmi lead to amp and then hdmi to tv.