Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Atomic7431 Wrote:is power dvd as an external player better than using xbmc to play blu ray content for both audio and visual quality?

i have an ati 7970 and a Yamaha htr 3063 reciever using hdmi lead to amp and then hdmi to tv.
With PowerDVD, you'll enjoy original blu-ray disc menus, chapters, previews, etc and most importantly bitstreaming un-molested DTS-HD and TrueHD to your AVR! Smile
Hi bluray, thanks for taking the time to teach important stuff! This rocks!

I got a question, what about PDVD12? Is it too new or impossible to do? 've seen a couple of days ago you started with PDVD11 but 12 is out, why not 12?

And between TMT5 and PDVD11 is there any noticeable differences in terms of layout or system resources?

Thanks!
What about button mapping. For my part I just use an remote, so the button setup is very important.
I got PowerDVD12 and XBMC Eden Beta 3. I setup my playercorefactory. If u press play disc, pdvd opens but cant start playing cause it cant play bdmv? Which commandline parameters can i hand over to PDVD to automatically start bluray playback?
Flow Wrote:Hi bluray, thanks for taking the time to teach important stuff! This rocks!

I got a question, what about PDVD12? Is it too new or impossible to do? 've seen a couple of days ago you started with PDVD11 but 12 is out, why not 12?

And between TMT5 and PDVD11 is there any noticeable differences in terms of layout or system resources?

Thanks!
PDVD11 and PDVD12 should works very similar on XBMC.

In term of functionality and overall playback quality, TMT5 and PDVD11 are very similar. I like TMT5 better than PDVD11 on my HTPC because it seems to be easier to setup and works more fluently/seamlessly with XBMC. I like TMT5 UI a little better than PDVD11 too.

pettergulbra Wrote:What about button mapping. For my part I just use an remote, so the button setup is very important.
You can find info here- [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way "Registry config"
Romep Wrote:I got PowerDVD12 and XBMC Eden Beta 3. I setup my playercorefactory. If u press play disc, pdvd opens but cant start playing cause it cant play bdmv? Which commandline parameters can i hand over to PDVD to automatically start bluray playback?
PDVD12 should be able to playback "Play Disc" option in XBMC. You might need to set PDVD12 as shown below and if it doesn't start playback automatically, you can simply press "play" button on PDVD12 UI:

It doesnt work. I dont want to press the play button in powerdvd12. I want to press play disc in XBMC and it should open pdvd12 and start playing the bluray. Opening works, but auto playback doesnt work at the moment. Is there any other solution?
bluray Wrote:You can find info here- [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way "Registry config"

My Harmony is set up like an mce, and i work great. C, P, Space... etc are all working. So I don`t get what this thing does. And what it does for use with Power DVD.
pettergulbra Wrote:My Harmony is set up like an mce, and i work great. C, P, Space... etc are all working. So I don`t get what this thing does. And what it does for use with Power DVD.
Maybe, some users in there might know how to map key so that you can use your Harmony to control PowerDVD 11. You can check out this thread too- Best external Blu-ray playback software with Harmony remote?
Romep Wrote:It doesnt work. I dont want to press the play button in powerdvd12. I want to press play disc in XBMC and it should open pdvd12 and start playing the bluray. Opening works, but auto playback doesnt work at the moment. Is there any other solution?
Since PowerDVD 12 is brand new, I don't have info on it yet.
bluray Wrote:PDVD11 and PDVD12 should works very similar on XBMC.

In term of functionality and overall playback quality, TMT5 and PDVD11 are very similar. I like TMT5 better than PDVD11 on my HTPC because it seems to be easier to setup and works more fluently/seamlessly with XBMC. I like TMT5 UI a little better than PDVD11 too.

Yeah it does look nice, I'm gonna try that right now!
This rocks!

Anyone using eventghost?
I have been looking everywhere for the past hour for a way to press a key on my non mce remote to switch controls for tmt5 and xbmc...

I did find a _init_.py file for TMT3 which I assume works the same for TMT5...

Also, XBMC is running on my main computer, so I'm using it on monitor 2(extended) and my remote works flawlessly, now I'm wondering if I can make TMT5 behave the same way, or will it automatically since it's launched from monitor 2 because of XBMC?

The test I have done so far are on my 1st main monitor, gf is in the living room watching crappy tv! So will make test later but please if someone knows what I am trying to accomplish and can help that would be greatly appreciated!
Flow Wrote:This rocks!

I have been looking everywhere for the past hour for a way to press a key on my non mce remote to switch controls for tmt5 and xbmc...
If you use TMT5 "uMCEPlayer5.exe", it is easier to use remote to control TMT5. With my MCE remote, I can simply press "stop" button and "back" button on the remote while the movie is playing to return to XBMC.

I hope that you can find solution for your non-MCE remote!
I'm having a problem with VLC as external player:
VLC won't stay on top of the screen.

Here's my code:

Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="FSBS-3D" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
     <filename>/Applications/VLC.app/Contents/MacOS/VLC</filename>
     <args>"{1}" -f --video-on-top </args>
   <hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>

<rules action="prepend">
   <rule filename=".*_FSBS.*" player="FSBS-3D"/>
   </rules>

</playercorefactory>
* XBMC hides, i can see the desktop
* VLC app launches and fades to fullscreen but stays in the background, so i can see the dock and finder windows

Currently i'm back on 1.1.12 because with VLC 2.0 fullscreen didn't work at all. Neither Apple's fullscreen mode and nor VLC's fullscreen mode.

With 1.1.12 fullscreen starts but focus goes back to desktop...
Any idea what i'm doing wrong here? Thanks!