Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2012-06-18, 00:25)Hail.ceasar Wrote: [ -> ]Is there no way at all to launch powerdvd12 with these codes?
Since Cyberlink decided to change index.bdmv launch routine, there is no way to make it launch automatically with the code. I stated it in post #668......

@shaktoo-

I don't know the answer to all your questions. As for the subtitle question, you might want to relay your question to Cyberlink instead. For 3d SBS, you can read this thread "3D Full SBS (3840x1080)... Success!" for more info........
Thanks for your work on this. Things are oh so nearly working, but TMT5 is not focused after it is launched. The player is full screen and the iso is loaded, but the keyboard/remote does not work until I alt-tab until TMT is focused! Any thoughts/ideas/workarounds?
Hey Blu, just when you thought you'd heard the last of me Smile
I'm having problems using powerdvd12 as my external player for bluray isos. Using the codes in these posts i can get powerdvd to launch, but when i press play it tells me there is no disc in drive k:
I have a feeling its something to do with the image mounting.

Ideally i want xbmc to play everthing apart from bluray discs, dvds and blu ray .iso
here is my
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<!-- You can place your PlayBDMV file anywhere -->
<filename>C:\Users\Home\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayBDMV.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>

</player>
<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
<player name="ISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<!-- You can place your PlayISO file anywhere -->
<filename>C:\Users\Home\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<!-- You can place your PlayDisc file anywhere -->
<filename>C:\Users\Home\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">

<rule filetypes=".*bdmv.*" player="BDMV_Player"/>
<rule filetypes=".*iso.*" player="ISO_Player"/>
<rule filetypes=".*m2ts.*" player="Universal_Player"/>
<rule filetypes=".*mkv.*" player="Universal_Player"/>
<rule filetypes=".*avi.*" player="Universal_Player"/>
<rule filetypes=".*ts.*" player="Universal_Player"/>

<rule name="Blu-Ray" filename="K:\\.*" filetypes="bdmv" player="Disc_Player"/>
</rules
</playercorefactory>

playiso.bat
@echo off
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" K:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u

Thanks in advance, and i will polish your shoes and iron your pants every morning Smile
(2012-06-19, 21:36)Jong Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for your work on this. Things are oh so nearly working, but TMT5 is not focused after it is launched. The player is full screen and the iso is loaded, but the keyboard/remote does not work until I alt-tab until TMT is focused! Any thoughts/ideas/workarounds?
It's XBMC that remains focused. Even though TMT is full screen and in the foreground if I press alt-F4 XBMC closes! Huh

bluray ....Hi

You helped me out before with the playcorefactory files. I using the latest TMT5 , but when i started to use nighly build of xbmc it stopped working. Everytime when i start a file i get a menu in xbmc to choose what track i want to start. Guess they change something?

Is this something that you can fix so i get the external player working again?

Thankful for some help.

Have it great
(2012-06-19, 23:25)Jong Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-19, 21:36)Jong Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for your work on this. Things are oh so nearly working, but TMT5 is not focused after it is launched. The player is full screen and the iso is loaded, but the keyboard/remote does not work until I alt-tab until TMT is focused! Any thoughts/ideas/workarounds?
It's XBMC that remains focused. Even though TMT is full screen and in the foreground if I press alt-F4 XBMC closes! Huh
Have you try <hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>?

(2012-06-20, 00:05)timberman Wrote: [ -> ]bluray ....Hi

You helped me out before with the playcorefactory files. I using the latest TMT5 , but when i started to use nighly build of xbmc it stopped working. Everytime when i start a file i get a menu in xbmc to choose what track i want to start. Guess they change something?

Is this something that you can fix so i get the external player working again?

Thankful for some help.

Have it great
I'm not sure what have been changed/added in nightly build. I'm suggesting to stick with stable 11.0 for now.....

@wilson-
Give these codes a try (replace K in the red lines with the correct BD-ROM drive and replace K in the blue line with the correct available VCD drive)....

<playercorefactory>
</player>
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe</filename>
<args>"{K:}"</args>

</player>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

playiso.bat
@echo off
(2012-06-21, 02:43)bluray Wrote: [ -> ]@wilson-
Give these codes a try (replace K in the red lines with the correct BD-ROM drive and replace K in the blue line with the correct available VCD drive)....

<playercorefactory>
</player>

</player>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

playiso.bat
@echo off

Thanks Blu, really appreciate your help, I'll try this tonight and let you know.....that's another beer i owe you Smile
If you wouldn't mind, out of the three suggested players, which would give the best/most seamless experience?
Thank you
Hey dude (bluray) Smile

Awesome work, much appreciated!

Just a couple of questions... are the files updated for the latest official XBMC release and PowerDVD (12)? And is it possible to bitstream stereo music from FLAC and WMA lossless files?

Once again, big thanks for the awesome work! Smile
(2012-06-21, 02:43)bluray Wrote: [ -> ]@wilson-

<playercorefactory>
</player>

</player>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

playiso.bat
@echo off

Tried but still no luck. When i select the movie on XBMC it does nothing and powerdvd doesnt open. If i run the playiso.bat it does open powerdvd.
Does it matter that my BD-Rom drive is a virtual drive too? My virtual BD drive is V: and my Clonedrive is K:

*Update* I've had a play about with a couple of playercorefactory files and managed to get it working. I find though on Powerdvd for bluray isos that it wont crop the black bars top and bottom of the movie even if i use 'stretch to fit screen', All of the other aspect ratio settings are greyed out Sad
Sooooo close to perfection
(2012-06-21, 16:59)tismon Wrote: [ -> ]If you wouldn't mind, out of the three suggested players, which would give the best/most seamless experience?
Thank you
I voted for TMT5........

(2012-06-21, 20:47)Wilson Wrote: [ -> ]Does it matter that my BD-Rom drive is a virtual drive too? My virtual BD drive is V: and my Clonedrive is K:
Yes, it matter. The actual BD-ROM drive have to be entered in the red lines code, and VCD drive have be entered in the blue line code for it to work right......

(2012-06-21, 20:47)Wilson Wrote: [ -> ]*Update* I've had a play about with a couple of playercorefactory files and managed to get it working. I find though on Powerdvd for bluray isos that it wont crop the black bars top and bottom of the movie even if i use 'stretch to fit screen', All of the other aspect ratio settings are greyed out Sad
Sooooo close to perfection
I'm glad that you finally got it to work.....Nod Have you try to set PDVD12 to start playback in fullscreen? Here is good link for that- Full screen - how do I make the player full screen mode?.......some movies natively have black bars on the top/bottom.........

(2012-06-21, 18:47)Hessi Wrote: [ -> ]Hey dude (bluray) Smile

Awesome work, much appreciated!

Just a couple of questions... are the files updated for the latest official XBMC release and PowerDVD (12)? And is it possible to bitstream stereo music from FLAC and WMA lossless files?

Once again, big thanks for the awesome work! Smile
You can playback the files with just XBMC 11.0 or PDVD12 by istelf. If it works by itself, it should work when combine together with external player code too........

[/quote]

I need to bring this up as well, bluray have you never encountered this? I brought this up on acrsoft msg board, and arcsoft admit said he noticed this to happening sometimes. It seems the issue occurs whenever anything is in the task bar, if you have absolutely nothing in the taskbar the error does not occur.

Maybe bluray can test it, if it does not happen to him ever, we might be able to reverse engineer the issue, but its threatening operation of my htpc.
(2012-06-23, 14:31)Ghostdivision Wrote: [ -> ]

(2012-06-23, 14:31)Ghostdivision Wrote: [ -> ]I need to bring this up as well, bluray have you never encountered this? I brought this up on acrsoft msg board, and arcsoft admit said he noticed this to happening sometimes. It seems the issue occurs whenever anything is in the task bar, if you have absolutely nothing in the taskbar the error does not occur.

Maybe bluray can test it, if it does not happen to him ever, we might be able to reverse engineer the issue, but its threatening operation of my htpc.
Have you do as below?

1. Enable "Use a fullscreen window rather than a true fullscreen" in XBMC settings/system/video output
2. Use this code- <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
3. Enables "Auto Play, Auto Full Screen & Always disable Windows Aero during playback" in TMT5 settings/playback