Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@bluray

3D vision is needed because of stereoscopic viewing.
When the enable switch is set. It allows TMT5 to switch to 24Hz
And display a 3D image by the hdmi 1.4 standard.
The tv then promt to put on the glasses.

So is it not possible to parse the filenname over
Through the bat file ?
(2012-10-16, 21:53)bluray Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-10-15, 10:55)THX-UltraII Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-10-15, 00:28)bluray Wrote: [ -> ]@THX-UltraII,
Your codes looks okay....do you happen to install Frodo? You might want to convert it back to Eden.....

I m indeed using the latest nightlies Eden build. Isn t there a workaround to make BDMV+external player work in Eden?
I tried it a while ago, and I could get it to work with the previous Nightlies either.....
ok, so I just install the stable Eden release and then it should work with the files I m using?

(2012-10-17, 08:58)THX-UltraII Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-10-16, 21:53)bluray Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-10-15, 10:55)THX-UltraII Wrote: [ -> ]I m indeed using the latest nightlies Eden build. Isn t there a workaround to make BDMV+external player work in Eden?
I tried it a while ago, and I could get it to work with the previous Nightlies either.....
ok, so I just install the stable Eden release and then it should work with the files I m using?
Yes...

(2012-10-17, 07:17)h8redv2 Wrote: [ -> ]@bluray

3D vision is needed because of stereoscopic viewing.
When the enable switch is set. It allows TMT5 to switch to 24Hz
And display a 3D image by the hdmi 1.4 standard.
The tv then promt to put on the glasses.

So is it not possible to parse the filenname over
Through the bat file ?
I haven't setup 3d on Nvidia card, but I setup 3d on AMD card using TMT5 in the past.....and I don't remember having to enable it with external player code.....the 3d settings are done by AMD CCC and TMT5.....

Can you manually set 3d Vision in CC when you watch 3d movie? If you still want to make it work with external code, you might want to read this guy post- My solution for 3D BluRay, Iso, 24 Hz, and TMT.......

A new question.
Have configured my external launcher to send 3d mkv to tmt5 like bluray posted.
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="ISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\Lars\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
</player>
<player name="MKV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">

<rule filetypes="iso" filename=".*3dbd." player="ISO_Player"/>
<rule filetypes="mkv" filename=".*3dbd." player="MKV_Player"/>

</rules>
</playercorefactory>

PlayISO.bat:
@echo off
"C:\Program Files\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe.exe" E:

So am wondering why the system just sits there, and does nothing. It actually becomes unresponsive until I press the windows button on my keybard, and refocuse xbmc.
Then I can click my back button and return to previous screen.

It does not launch in builtin player not tmt5, if i disable the codes, the built in player plays the movie.
So I am thinking that it somehow accepts that it must parse the file to tmt5, but it hangs at doing so.

I am running Frodo on a somewhat aplha 3.

Is that what´s disturbing my success ?
(2012-10-18, 15:20)h8redv2 Wrote: [ -> ]So am wondering why the system just sits there, and does nothing. It actually becomes unresponsive until I press the windows button on my keybard, and refocuse xbmc.

It does not launch in builtin player not tmt5, if i disable the codes, the built in player plays the movie.
So I am thinking that it somehow accepts that it must parse the file to tmt5, but it hangs at doing so.

You can check out my post #1123.....

(2012-10-18, 18:31)bluray Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-10-18, 15:20)h8redv2 Wrote: [ -> ]So am wondering why the system just sits there, and does nothing. It actually becomes unresponsive until I press the windows button on my keybard, and refocuse xbmc.

You can check out my post #1123.....

Figured out why it was just sitting there.
Turns out, that my version of Frodo, would'nt release the audio chain for the extternal player to loose.
A Quick Update of Frodo and it works again.
(2012-10-17, 19:01)bluray Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-10-17, 08:58)THX-UltraII Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-10-16, 21:53)bluray Wrote: [ -> ]I tried it a while ago, and I could get it to work with the previous Nightlies either.....
Yes...
Just found out that I need the latest nightlies build because of some bugfixes that are needed for my specific config. But I do want to play BDMV folders by MPC-HC. Now what?..... Sad

(2012-10-21, 14:17)THX-UltraII Wrote: [ -> ]Just found out that I need the latest nightlies build because of some bugfixes that are needed for my specific config. But I do want to play BDMV folders by MPC-HC. Now what?..... Sad
Maybe, it can do both when they release the next XBMC. For now, Eden is the stable version. What bug did you encountered with Eden? I haven't encounter bug using Eden....

Quote:What bug did you encountered with Eden? I haven't encounter bug using Eden....

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/12942
finally fixed when latest nightly
Maybe there are users who has a workaround to get BDMV folder playback by external player work in the latest nightlies. I asked again in the other external player thread in the hope someone has a solution

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...light=bdmv
by the way: I just tested EDEN with my files I made (check my post #1165 http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1213911) .
BDMV structure folder playback by my external player did not work so I just tried something that I thought might work and it did. What I had to do was change my playercorefactory.xml and to be more specific this line:

<!-- Bluray BDMV -->
<rule filenames="bdmv" filetypes="bdmv" player="BDMV_Player"/>

I changed it to:

<!-- Bluray BDMV -->
<rule filenames="bdmv" filetypes="bdmv" player="Universal_Player"/>
(2012-10-21, 20:58)THX-UltraII Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe there are users who has a workaround to get BDMV folder playback by external player work in the latest nightlies. I asked again in the other external player thread in the hope someone has a solution

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...light=bdmv
Good Luck.....

(2012-10-21, 20:48)THX-UltraII Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:What bug did you encountered with Eden? I haven't encounter bug using Eden....

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/12942
finally fixed when latest nightly
I'm wondering why I don't have issue, because 90% of my files are ISO....the other 10% are MKV/M2TS/BDMV......

(2012-10-21, 21:13)THX-UltraII Wrote: [ -> ]<rule filenames="bdmv" filetypes="bdmv" player="BDMV_Player"/>
Since XBMC 10.0, I haven't encounter issue playback BDMV using TMT5 and the rule above....

(2012-10-21, 21:13)THX-UltraII Wrote: [ -> ]by the way: I just tested EDEN with my files I made (check my post #1165 http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1213911) .
BDMV structure folder playback by my external player did not work so I just tried something that I thought might work and it did. What I had to do was change my playercorefactory.xml and to be more specific this line:

<!-- Bluray BDMV -->
<rule filenames="bdmv" filetypes="bdmv" player="BDMV_Player"/>

I changed it to:

<!-- Bluray BDMV -->
<rule filenames="bdmv" filetypes="bdmv" player="Universal_Player"/>

Thanks had the same issue!
Sad day for us tmt users, tmt latest version just released includes cinavia. These full discs will no longer play for us in tmt if you use this version.

http://blog.dvdfab.com/cinavia-protection.html

I can work around this, and hope a fix comes for cinavia, but im worried. And if a 3d film has cinavia you can only do sbs right now. Not full quality.

Hopefully something can defeat it.
(2012-10-23, 13:42)Ghostdivision Wrote: [ -> ]Hopefully something can defeat it.

Since all licensed players are forced to include Cinavia, there's only one easy solution: "Not to use a licensed Bluray player"

That would mean that we need a non-licensed open-source Bluray player able to support Bluray3D... (I hope we are not far away from that, or else we are all in trouble in the middle term)