Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it just me, or this method does not work with Frodo - Beta 3
I've uninstalled Beta 3 and installed "xbmc-12.0-Frodo_beta1-repack" - and again everything works perfect
(2012-12-09, 23:21)ivan Wrote: [ -> ]Is it just me, or this method does not work with Frodo - Beta 3
I've uninstalled Beta 3 and installed "xbmc-12.0-Frodo_beta1-repack" - and again everything works perfect
Same thing with me.
Edit: Tried this on b3. I goto Play Disc - then it says 'Click OK when playback has ended' but nothing happens. I am using XBMC Launcher as well.

I have it set up to launch tmt blu ray. Alt-tabbing shows the program isn't launched, but the path in the bat file is correct - I run the bat file manually and it launches.

Is this a b3 issue? Not tried this before.
I want to load bluray iso files and bitstream and have installed Frodo beta 3.

What instructions would I follow to obtain these features in this version of XBMC? Reading through this thread, I cannot figure out what applies to Eden and what would apply to Frodo and I am not even sure if Frodo may handle iso files natively.

My computer is running an i7-2600K with Asus Sabertooth P67 motherboard. I was going to pickup the Asus ENGT430/DI/1GD3(LP) video card to use for HDMI out and bitstream. This is not the identical part to the one listed under the AudioEngine Wiki, but best I can figure, is the same.

Can someone help confirm which directions to use for iso playback in Frodo beta 3 and if my HTPC configuration with this new video card can bitstream TrueHD and DTS HD MA? Is hardware acceleration available in this setup or only software?

I am currently running Windows 7 pro x64 and may put on a dedicated machine with either Windows 7 or 8 pro.
Sorry guys- I haven't try Frodo beta 3. I cannot keep up with all the beta. I'm sticking to the latest stable Eden for now. I tried Frodo beta 2 briefly, and I posted my configurations in this thread- Test drive Frodo Beta 2.......
@bluray. Thanks for the input. Did you need an external player for ISO files in beta 2? I can see settings in your linked post, but I don't see the steps taken to get it functional with iso and bitstreaming and not sure if you took the same steps as in Eden or something different.

(2012-12-12, 05:29)mrh335 Wrote: [ -> ]@bluray. Thanks for the input. Did you need an external player for ISO files in beta 2? I can see settings in your linked post, but I don't see the steps taken to get it functional with iso and bitstreaming and not sure if you took the same steps as in Eden or something different.
Sorry, I didn't try external player on beta 2. I configured it for internal player....

What seems to happen for me when playing an ISO with external player in Frodo, is XBMC sends the playlist file to VCD to mount instead of the ISO file, then VCD gets an error when mounting.
I'm having the same problem as egtrev. It wasn't an issue until Beta 2, and it's been happening through RC1 that I just tried out.

Also, even using the PlayISO.bat file these latest versions pop up a menu to chose between bluray menus, etc... which doesn't make much sense if it's being pointed to an external player.

Downgrading to Beta 1 fixed the problem.
Does Beta 1 have the pop up menu to choose titles/ bluray menus, or was this added in Beta 2?
Hi, there is a break in external player using vcd somewhere after the alpha 7 release, probably some change in the parameter sent to vcd.
Hmmm,

My XBMC + TMT5 is acting up!....when I start a movie I get the blue TMT mce screen and nothing happens....have to hit back and flips back to XBMC and immediately restarts!
Have to do that several times before it loads the movie but then still has errors like not passing through DTS-HD audio (only DTS) with weird loud cracks in audio like clipping!
Only when pressing back again once or twice I get HD audio passthrough!
Haven't changed anything so dunno whats wrong! Running Eden and was wondering if the Frodo RC1 was stable enough to move to the internal player?

EDIT 1: Now XBMC is completely acting up when starting a movie due to flashing back and forth from XBMC and TMT5, had to manually switch off my HTPC
Any idea how to get this working with b3/rc-1?
(2012-12-15, 14:38)tutu Wrote: [ -> ]Any idea how to get this working with b3/rc-1?
Sorry Tutu....I'll try to figure it out after it become stabled. Since it is still in beta mode, we might be wasting time chasing ghost.....

(2012-12-15, 12:06)siamsquare Wrote: [ -> ]Hmmm,

My XBMC + TMT5 is acting up!....when I start a movie I get the blue TMT mce screen and nothing happens....have to hit back and flips back to XBMC and immediately restarts!
Have to do that several times before it loads the movie but then still has errors like not passing through DTS-HD audio (only DTS) with weird loud cracks in audio like clipping!
Only when pressing back again once or twice I get HD audio passthrough!
Haven't changed anything so dunno whats wrong! Running Eden and was wondering if the Frodo RC1 was stable enough to move to the internal player?

EDIT 1: Now XBMC is completely acting up when starting a movie due to flashing back and forth from XBMC and TMT5, had to manually switch off my HTPC
Have you update anything lately? It can be manual/auto updates. That is the only way that it can break things. If everything remain the same, it it should not mess up anything.

You might want to re-verify in Windows control panel to make sure that the correct sound playback device is selected and exclusive mode is checked. You can re-verify the audio/video configurations in XBMC again. Make sure that TMT5 audio is configured as shown below....