Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: help!urgent! GUI automation for XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi,
now I am working on XBMC GUI automation testing on linux, I need a tool that can record, replay and distribute user actions on XBMC UI.
I had a try that used Xnee tool, unfortunately, it failed to record mouse moving.Sad

so do you have any ideas about it? If you could help me, I would be most grateful.
I see 2 options here:
1.) xbmc API
2.) emulate keyboard presses with xsendkeys
wsnipex Wrote:I see 2 options here:
1.) xbmc API
2.) emulate keyboard presses with xsendkeys

thanks for your reply.
I am a freshman with limited experience in this work, I am not quite understand, could you provide details? Thank you very much.
1) xbmc API- is there automatic tool for it?
2) emlulate keyboard --- the Xnee tool is able to record the keyboard moving, but unable to record the mouse moving, that's the problem now.
ad 1) for GUI automation? not that I know of (doesn't mean there couldn't be any)
ad 2) you do not need a mouse. xbmc can be entirely controlled via keyboard.
Most people do not use a mouse on a HTPC at all.
wsnipex Wrote:ad 1) for GUI automation? not that I know of (doesn't mean there couldn't be any)
ad 2) you do not need a mouse. xbmc can be entirely controlled via keyboard.
Most people do not use a mouse on a HTPC at all.

yes, I am looking for a tool for XBMC GUI automation on linux
Since we need record user interaction in XBMC ui, the mouse is needed, but the problem is the tool I used failed to capture mouse events in XBMC UI.

is there anybody is successful on XBMC GUI automationHuh Nerd