Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ac3 problem with hdmi output
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i have an ASROCK ION 330 HT with latest SVN eden XBMC

if audio output is set to HDMI work correctly with divx movie 2.0 audio channel

if i try to open an mkv video with AC-3 audio don't work and i need to set ANALOG (in audio output) for earing something.

initially i think that problem was my TV (philips 46pfl7605h/12) but now with my sintoampli (marantz sr5006) that support every type of audio codec the problem is the same, no AC3 audio on HDMI, only STEREO.

other people that i know have the same problem with other hardware (ION2 nvidia motherboard)

can you help me?

thanks.
Post the output of aplay -l.

Most likely, you're going to have to set up a custom asound.conf file and/or custom entries in the audio output section.

How is your setup configured? Do you have the HDMI cable connected to your television on your receiver. If connected to your television, is there an audio connection between your television and receiver? if not, you're not going to get audio on multi-channel streams, as your television, most likely, is just stereo.

Also, do you have AC3 enabled receiver, or whatever it is, checked? If so, is your receiver on? Checking that option turns on audio passthrough with sends audio out to your receiver to decode and play. If the option is not checked, multi-stream audio is downmixed to stereo.
i have solved with a setting in xbmc audio output, i have choose HDA ALSA HDMI NVIDIA and now works...

thankyou
You're welcome. But, it's a bit rude to say "I've solved it" without really saying how. If someone does a search for a similar problem, they might see this thread, and wonder what the actual solution was. Spelling out the actual solution has the potential of helping others in the future.