Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@fastdump - can you try this one out - I am only testing on my 1600 by 900 laptop, so there's a bit of scaling issue potential but it should be pretty good I think

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=T5qL79pG ...save as MyWeather.xml in your 720p folder...

Let me know how it goes and if all is well I'll pop it properly into the wiki...

And here's a Frodo updated DialogSeekBar.xml as well - http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=yQA581eM ... (for the mini cast when you pause)
MyWeather.xml works perfectly, thanks.

However, with DialogSeekBar.xml I had to un-comment-out your changes and even then, the radar image is misaligned...

The radar is commented out deliberately - the problem is, it never gets updated. The radar inside the weather section is updated whenever weather is fetched (every half hour) but unfortunately multi-image controls in the DialogSeekBar are only loaded when the skin is loaded..so leave your xbmc on for a day and the radar will still show as yesterday's radar.

So the only thing that works is the little mini cast panel....that at least uses the current data. So comment that back out again, and you should find the minicast working well behind it.
Ah right, I get you. I was conceptualising "mini cast" meaning the whole thing - forecast and radar. Did it always not-update, or only now with Frodo builds?

The mini cast is still aligned to the left, even after re-downloading the file fresh.
Always. And I moved it left a long time ago because when it was on the right it sometimes covers something, just can't remember what right now.

You must have hung on to a much older dsb.xml I guess. Didn't you ever notice the radar had rain on a sunny day Smile

Or maybe you men something else by alignment? Screenshot?
I've added these Frodo skin files to the normal spot in the Wiki....
That'd be right. Thought I at least kept up with your updates but I guess once it was working... "if it ain't broke..."

Thanks for the new files. Smile
NB thanks to some unnanounced changes to a module OzWeather uses, it's currently a bit broken (once you install the latest YouTube addon which forces and update to this module). Hopefully it will be fixed shortly.

On the flipside, looks like the radar not updating bug mentioned above is fixed in latest Frodo, so should be able to re-instate that in a few days once the nightlies settle down a bit....
Hi bossanova808, just wondering how the update is going as just found this and would love it working Smile
Sorry, I fixed it a while back, forgot to post here. Current version in XBMC repo works fine with Eden and Frodo nightlies as of the last time I tried it a few days ago (I am away at the moment).
(2012-10-01, 13:11)bossanova808 Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, I fixed it a while back, forgot to post here. Current version in XBMC repo works fine with Eden and Frodo nightlies as of the last time I tried it a few days ago (I am away at the moment).

Hmmm ok, not working for me and wish I knew why Sad

How so not working? What are your settings? Skin? Debug Log?

Would need a bit more info to help...
(also - what platform are you on?)
Apologies mate - running Eden on AppleTV2 using IDR023 as code for Melbourne as default, but get Error: Script Failed.
gimme a log