Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-01-12, 03:40)bossanova808 Wrote: [ -> ]I think you need an updated android xbmc with PIL support but I don't use any xbmc android so I am not sure. i think it was added after Helix launch, so prob the latest nightly would do it?

Indeed nightly
Many thanks for your help Bossanova808
@uksa007 (etc) Ok so 0.7.9 is now in the main XBMC repo

Should support the default weather display in most skins now

I also added fire danger ratings, barometric pressure, and wind gusts info while I was at it.
I know you've probably heard this a lot, but I think this is a great add-on
Not as much as you'd think, and it's always nice - so thanks!
(2015-01-03, 05:22)guiguy Wrote: [ -> ]This seems like a nice plug in, but can someone enlighten me as to where the folder referenced in "COnfluence 720p" might be hidden or revealed on a debian (Kodi) system?

Thanks

I had a similar issue. Finally found it with a global search.

Code:
/usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.confluence/720p

Note that those files belong to root, so depending on how you're moving files around, you may have some issues. I ended up doing it from the command line at a desktop (lubuntu) session. From the directory above:

Code:
sudo mv MyWeather.xml MyWeather.xml.old

then

Code:
sudo cp \home\John\Download\MyWeather.xml ./

For reference, my system is kodibuntu (Ubuntu 14.04.1 Kodi 14.0) running on an Intel 2820 NUC.
Hi bossanova808!

Firstly: Thanks for the great addon. It has been a must-install in all of the XBMC/Kodi systems I've set up.

I've come across a problem though: I'm not sure if it's your addon, or the site(s) you scrape information from.

At my main home HTPC (Kodi Helix, under Windows 7), I use your addon to monitor the weather in two locations. (When I need to, I switch between them using the Location switcher). One location (inside the Sydney metro area) scrapes fine: I get all the information I need. The second location (regional NSW), I can only get the current conditions: no forecast.

I've tried this with various locations: One Sydney metro, one regional NSW. Same thing. It also doesn't matter which order I place them. When I switch to the regional NSW location I see a quick blink-and-you'll-miss-it error message saying "Error reading observations", then the current conditions will appear, but the 7-day forecast doesn't populate, and the icons show the cloud with the yellow line through them.

If it helps, locations I've tried are: 2300 Newcastle NSW, 2500 Wollongong NSW, 2250 Gosford NSW, 2320 Maitland NSW. All with the same results.
Sydney suburbs seem to work OK: 2170 Liverpool NSW, 2160 Merrylands NSW, 2000 Sydney NSW are fine.

I haven't tried anything in other states.

If you need a debug log, I'm willing to post a clean one when/if needed.

I'm stumped by this, and I hope you can help me out
Anybody else having problems with this add-on? I have been using this forever but now it doesn't seem to work anymore for me. I get no error messages, it just gives me no information. I am running Kodi on windows 7.
@Jondar can you do a full debug log of the location it fails on and pastebin it please? - I will have a look, probably some unsual data tripping things up. I test with 4 locations typically, both metro and rural.

@bolter - most likely a config problem. Delete your addon *settings* for ozweather, reboot, re-configure and if it still fails pastebin a full debug log please. There's definitely no general issue, I use it every day...
(2015-01-25, 02:14)bossanova808 Wrote: [ -> ]@Jondar can you do a full debug log of the location it fails on and pastebin it please? - I will have a look, probably some unsual data tripping things up. I test with 4 locations typically, both metro and rural.

Hi bossanova808.

Kodi debug.log as requested: xbmclogs.com/402129. Hopefully I did everything correctly.

I skimmed the log to check for passwords/etc, hopefully I caught them. The first load of your addon is due to the skin I use (Metropolis). Once it loaded, I then went to the Weather page, and it loaded the working location. I then switched to the non-working location. Only errors I could see were at lines 1690 and 1713.

(I did notice that under Helix, the addon says it's using Gotham lines 1419-1420 Smile )

Hopefully I've helped you out!

~Jondar
Can you try this as your new default.py with all the problematic locations:
http://pastebin.com/aGCE6cvE

The problem seems to be that pressure info is not available for those locations. So now it will detect that and put in n/a for those.

If it works with all of those I'll submit this to the main repo.

Thanks for your help - if anything else is broken/still broken, do another debug log for me, thanks!

@Jondar - see above, forgot to tag you

@bolter - your issue might be the same - the pressure stuff is new and I didn't realise it wasn't supplied for some areas.

Might also be an issue with the new fire danger stuff. With a tad more info it should be easy to fix
(2015-01-25, 08:25)bossanova808 Wrote: [ -> ]Can you try this as your new default.py with all the problematic locations:
http://pastebin.com/aGCE6cvE

The problem seems to be that pressure info is not available for those locations. So now it will detect that and put in n/a for those.

If it works with all of those I'll submit this to the main repo.

Thanks for your help - if anything else is broken/still broken, do another debug log for me, thanks!

Replaced the existing default.py with the new one posted --> everything seems to be working fine for me! Thanks!

Tried it with all the locations I mentioned before, as well as a few others. No problems.

Skimmed the log: no errors (unlike previously!). Also noticed that the fire danger information seemed to be picked up in the log OK.

Thanks for taking the time for looking into this and fixing it!

~Jondar
Where do I get the default.py from
(2015-01-25, 09:25)bolter Wrote: [ -> ]Where do I get the default.py from

Go to the pastebin.com link that bossanova posted above. On the pastebin site there's a "DOWNLOAD" link just above the ad-box.

When you download the file, save it as default.py on your computer.

Then copy the default.py to the weather.ozweather folder in your Kodi data folder. In Windows 7, this should be something like C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\weather.ozweather

Hope this helps,

~Jondar
Thank you