Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Postcode is 4154, don't think location is the issue as I've reverted back to 0.8.1 and the 'animated' weather icons came back on the weather home page. I use Kodi 16.1 and skin Aeon MQ6. But let me check again this week-end as I have another Linux system with Kodi 17 and I'm pretty sure it updated the addon automatically last night when I switched the system ON and the weather page had all the icons showing ... I'll double check. That being the case then the issue is perhaps with Kodi 16.1? I'll let you know. Cheers.

Edit and clarification: On the Weather home page it does show the first weather icon (for the current day only) ... but no icons for the other days (forecast). The 'MyWeather' page with the map however shows all the weather icons and plays the ABC clip just fine!
@LeKodeur

No issue with Confluence, 16.1 and 4154 here - weather icons a-go-go.

I don't mean the location per se, I meant the scraping of the location by the addon from weatherzone...but it does look to be ok, and I have tried a whole bunch of locations without errors. So now I am thinking it's a skin label issue - but I _think_ I'm setting all the old and new labels...but I may have missed something. If you check MyWeather.xml in Aeon, you can see what labels it needs for the icons in there

Hmm, I think maybe I can guess....if you could modify default.py in the main ozweather addon folder, around lines 201 to be:

Code:
weatherData['Day' + str(index) + '.' + key] = value
weatherData['Day' + str(index) + '.' + key] = value
weatherData['Daily.' + str(index+1) + '.' + key] = value
weatherData['Daily.' + str(index+1) + '.' + key] = value

(i.e. add those two extra lines at the end) - I suspect that will solve it....make sure you match the indentation as Python is indentation sensitive...

Let me know!
Thanks for your quick response @bossanova808, yes probably skin related. I will try your suggestion tonight and check against MyWeather.xml for any discrepancies. The Debug log should also give me a clue Wink
Don't know if you updated your addon in the last couple of days but I've just updated it and it's working just fine now Huh Smile - thanks @bossanove808 and have a great xmas and my best wishes for the new year 2017! Cheers.

Edit: Spoke too fast. Restarted Kodi and icons are missing again, will investigate ...
@LeKodeur

Well that's a bit odd. Try changing those lines...
Not working for me either. Jarvis, Confluence, Canberra.

I'll wait for a resolution rather than risk editing config files.Confused
Changed the lines ... no difference ... and Debug log is clean. Home page does show the temperatures (high and low) but the weather icons are missing, only the 'Today' one shows up. Reverted back to 0.8.1 and they are all showing (Jarvis, Aeon MQ6).
No that's not quite it - Outlook is the string description of the outlook ('Possible Showers') - and OutlookIcon is the icon for that condition.

The issue is that Kodi has changed from using paths in the icon, to not using them...and it seems different skins are at different points with that change perhaps.

I'm looking at it, but might not get to it before Christmas etc....we'll see.
No worries, take you time and enjoy a break! - I'm back with 0.8.1 for now which shows all the weather icons.

Seems you were referring to a post I deleted Smile ... as I realised the difference between Outlook and OutlookIcon Smile

What I see with 0.8.7 is essentially same as Post: #560 (but with the last day forecast showing, but no weather icons).

Thanks for your efforts @bossanova ... have a merry xmas!
@LeKodeur @raymondjpg

Can you please try this version:
https://github.com/bossanova808/weather....master.zip

Download, and replace your addon install with that.

....and let me know what happens!
Perfect! Smile

Many thanks @bossanova, fantastic Smile
@LeKodeur

As in - it's working?
(2016-11-17, 04:02)bossanova808 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok folks I have finished stage 1 of the Krypton re-write. It should now be a lot more compatible with Krypton (and other skins in general), whilst retaining Jarvis compatibility.

@RB0135 - this release also adds test support for the 'night' icons. Let me know how it goes!

It's a very substantial change, basically a re-write, so I'd like to get some other folks to test it before I get it pushed to the Kodi master repo.

You can get the release here: https://github.com/bossanova808/weather..../0.8.4.zip ...just unzip that over your existing ozweather addon.

If you could test operation of the addon both in setting settings, and in weather updates, that would be appreciated - please report back here!! Obviously any crashing should be reported, but also missing data or images. Missing data should mostly come up as "?". If you experience anything odd/missing, please provide me the region & radar code you're using (postcode ideally!).

Here's the changelog:

V0.8.4 - Test only release
- Re-Write for Krypton
- Set more of the new weather labels
- Backwards compatibly for Jarvis
- 3 separate unit-testable scraper modules created (BOM, Weatherzone, ABC Video)
- Each scraper is unit testable independent of Kodi for easier development in future
- Remove parsedom dependency, scrape using beautifulsoup4
- Use requests module vs. older methods
- Use caching for significant speed improvements on 2nd and subsequent weather updates
- Add .gitginore for .pyo, .pyc, and test outputs
- Set appropriate icons for night time weather (after sunset, before sunrise)

Hi bossanova808

Haven't been around for a while. I'm on 0.8.7 and I am seeing some night scenes, so thanks, looks great.
I've just done a pull request for 0.8.8 with the above changes. Also adds wind speed/direction stuff to the forecast data
(2016-12-23, 05:41)bossanova808 Wrote: [ -> ]@LeKodeur @raymondjpg

Can you please try this version:
https://github.com/bossanova808/weather....master.zip

Download, and replace your addon install with that.

....and let me know what happens!
Thanks for the zip.

Something changed after I posted, possibly a manual update from the repository, and I can now see the temperature and conditions e.g. "cloudy" but no icon at the left e.g. the sun or clouds. I can also only see data for Canberra ACT 2600, but not for my suburb set up in location 2. The latter has a yellow bar across it and no data for the 7 day forecast.

Installing from your zip has not changed that behaviour. Should I have disabled the Oz Weather add-on before installing it?

Also, I have Weather Underground and Yahoo Weather installed and enabled as possible alternatives, but I don't see how they might be interfering with the proper operation of the Oz Weather add-on.