Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Seems like the developer, @bossanova808,  is not monitoring this thread presently.
On Kodi Leia Beta 5 the addon takes around 2 minutes to load and therefore delays the shutdown time around the same length of time.  Problem appears to be getting the Radar info.  It is the same on Wonderbox TV Leia Beta 4 but works fine on Wonderbox tv Leia Beta 1.
I have turned off the advanced features and it loads quickly ensuring a quick shutdown as well.
Hello,

Was wondering id this weather addon is being maintained anylonger? Ever since 18 RC1 all I get is 0°c and since 18 beta all weather icons are gone.

Same if so as it was quite accurate.
Same here on android box running 17.5, no weather details etc, and getting Oz Weather errors coming up across screen. Works fine on my Linux box.

Not sure how to access the Kodi error log?
@Obiwobi66

https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Kodi_Logfile_Uploader
or
Log_file/File_manager_access (wiki)

1. Enable Debugging mode. Go to Settings>System Settings>Logging and it should be the first option or press ctrl-shift-d on a keyboard
  2. Restart Kodi
  3. Replicate the problem.
  4. Upload the log using either the:
    a. Manual method to Kodi Paste Site. Log location is detailed here... Log_file/Advanced#Location (wiki), or
    b. Add-on method using the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the address link in the address bar in a new post here.
Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Thank you Karellen, I’ll do this tomorrow and upload, cheers 😁
@Karellen

All done here, looks like the error is logged around line 1034, thank you for any help/suggestions.

https://paste.kodi.tv/wewepunenu
Sorry, can't help with the problem, just wanted to help you get the log uploaded. bossanova808 is the one with all the answers Smile
Hey no problem, looks like image.so file problem, so I’ll see if google will reveal 😂
G'day all.

I am trying to resolve a minor issue with the DialogSeekBar.xml which has been driving me nuts for quite a while.

When I pause a video, the current conditions, radar image etc. come up on the top left side of the screen, but for some reason the font size of the current temperature is not right. As far as I can tell, the relevant part of the DialogSeekBar.xml file is:

It seems the font is supposed to be size 45, but as you can see from the screenshot, it is not showing up that way.

This issue first arose on my Windows 10 PC running Kodi 17 a long time ago. However, two days ago I setup Kodi 17 on a RaspberryPi with LibreELEC, and I have the exact same issue (the screenshot is from the brand new setup). It is not the end of the world, but I'd still like to try and get it fixed.

Has anyone else seen this issue, and did you manage to resolve it?

Thanks heaps.
hey folks

Sorry for the quiet - I used to get emails when people posted to the thread, but none lately so yep, I've only just seen these.  Also not keeping up with Kodi stuff as much as previously just through lack of time really.

I've not had a chance to play with Leia yet...but looks like some PIL stuff (Python Image Library AKA PILLOW these days I believe) - is not working (that often happens with packaging errors along the way with the betas etc but they usually sort it out along the way before release).  But there's probably also other things too!

I will get it working for Leia but I can't promise exactly when...Once there is an official release I'l get it working on Windows and then xxx-elec after that.

@gmpanazzolo That skin file you're showing is not the Kyrpton verion so I'd start by downloading/installing that...should solve the issue
@bossanova808  Thanks for the reply.

I've just had another look at the add-on website and re-downloaded the Confluence skin files from the link "Download the zip for all recent version of Confluence (i.e. Krypton/Isengard/Helix) here". That link gives me the zip file "Helix - Skin files for extended features (copy to Confluence 720p).zip". The zip file contains only DialogSeekBar.xml and MyWeather.xml files.

These files were the same as the ones I had previously installed, but I re-installed them anyway, and as you can see from the screen shots the current temperature still appears small. I have also noticed that I am missing the ABC Weather link from the left hand blade menu on the main weather page.

I did find a Krypton specific zip file on your github site, but that was only for the Estuary skin. I tried it anyway, just in case I was missing something, but when I rebooted Kodi and went to the weather page it was corrupted as expected because I'm using the Confluence skin.

Am I missing something here? Are there Krypton specific Confluence skin files for the OzWeather add-on?

Thanks again.

@gmpanazzolo I probably need to look into that further but here's one form a working Krypton my kids are watching right now...

https://pastebin.com/GjgtHGik

Hopefully that cleans that up for you as a quick fix and I'll try and fix up the links etc when I start the Leia work soon
(the basic issue being the default Confluence fonts changed at some point IIRC - you have to use a font that is actually in fonts.xml, you can't arbitrarily 'size on the fly' - and once you have the right size, you have to nudge the positioning....so you're looking at the right area, almost there!)
@bossanova808 Thanks again. I grabbed the DialogSeekBar.xml from that site and it fixed the font issue for the current temperature display.

However, I didn't like the font used for the seek bar in the top right of the screen, so I just found the font info within your Krypton file and then used that to edit my existing DialogSeekBar.xml file. This fixed my current temp font display and left the seek bar font the same.

Is the missing ABC Weather blade menu link within the MyWeather.xml a font issue as well? I'll have a play around and see if I can get it working.