Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: VAAPI Artifacts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I have recently installed the latest unstable release of XBMC Eden onto Ubuntu 11.10.

I have a Radeon 5670 using the 11.11 Catalyst driver.

When VAAPI is disabled in XBMC, movies play fine, no artifcats.

However when VAAPI is enabled, I see lots of blockly artifacts, especially in highly lite scenes. Clouds, faces, etc appear blocky/pixellated but only very briefly on each frame.

I have used VAAPI in the past with XBMC and it has worked without an issue, but since I have reinstalled it I am getting this problem.

I have tried the Catalyst drivers 11.07, 11.08, 11.09, 11.10 and 11.11 all give the same problem. I have the latest Xvba and Libva but have tried different versions.

I have also tried the latest 11.12 Catalyst driver but movies are completely garbaled and unwatchable.

I know ATI drivers have their issues and I am considering changing to NVidia but VAAPI was working perfectly in XBMC before, its only since I reinstalled the latest Eden build that this started happening.

Has anyone else experienced this? and can anyone offer a solution?
Solved

I found and installed 20111213 xbmc packages using the ppa at "https://launchpad.net/~alexandr-surkov/+archive/xbmc" which seems to work well, again with the excepton of advent children english, japanese one works fine.

However still does not work with Catalyst 11.12 drivers, movies are completely unwatchable, could someone please confirm this. current;y using 11.11 drivers.