Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Zotac ND22 vs Shuttle XS35GTV2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I would like to add a couple HTPCs to some TVs in my house and would like a little advice. I have been reading through the guides, but since i am looking for something small that i could possibly attach to the back of the TV. If i am going for mkv 1080p playback from a NAS, which of these two systems, the Zotac ND22 or Shuttle XS35GTv2, would best?

If neither of them will work, i will probably just go with the smallest case i can and an A8 setup that Eskro has already spec'd out.
Zotac ND22 = best prebuild HTPC
on your HTPC guide, what level do you put the ND22?
exactly where i list it --> Group #5
shoot! afraid you were going to say that. I apologize for asking a question you have already answered. Thank you for the assistance! Ordering one tonight Smile
+1
Newegg discontinued that model. Surely there has to be a better premade option. Or not? I'm new and have been reading the forum since I discovered it 3 hrs ago. Pardon my ignorance. Smile
yeah i just noticed that too. The 1.2 GHz processor seems extremely low compared to the 1.8 in the shuttle. I was hoping to get it to try it out, but now that its been discontinued, I am not sure where i will be able to purchase it with a decent return policy. Back to the drawing board again.
Drabbies Wrote:yeah i just noticed that too. The 1.2 GHz processor seems extremely low compared to the 1.8 in the shuttle. I was hoping to get it to try it out, but now that its been discontinued, I am not sure where i will be able to purchase it with a decent return policy. Back to the drawing board again.

Passmark CPU Benchmark

Intel Atom D525 @ 1.80GHz, 711
Intel SU2300 @ 1.20GHz, 904

You have to remember the shuttle has an atom whereas, the ND22 has a celeron
Kineticwash Wrote:Newegg discontinued that model. Surely there has to be a better premade option. Or not? I'm new and have been reading the forum since I discovered it 3 hrs ago. Pardon my ignorance. Smile

Why ?

Is there something wrong with the ND 22 for the price ?

You could consider this

bluray Wrote:"Low Cost" is very subjective subject. But $349 for a fully equipped A6-3600 (included APU, case, PSU, HDD, RAM, Windows 7, etc) PC's, it is as "Low Cost" as it can be for an A6-3600. I'm a DIY person, but I don't think that I can beat this price to build an A6-3600 myself! Smile

Here is more info on it- Gateway - Desktop / AMD A-Series Processor / 4GB Memory / 1TB Hard Drive.
eskro Wrote:Zotac ND22 = best prebuild HTPC

+1
The ND22 is a bit scarce, it seems. Hard to find in stock. Would this gateway be even better?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Gateway+-+De...Id=3435377

I know it's been mentioned before, but I wanted one of the forum gods to weigh in before I pull the trigger.

ThanksEek
dunno what better means for u,,,
i dont suggest u try to attach it to the back of your TV.
Kineticwash Wrote:The ND22 is a bit scarce, it seems. Hard to find in stock. Would this gateway be even better?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Gateway+-+De...Id=3435377

I know it's been mentioned before, but I wanted one of the forum gods to weigh in before I pull the trigger.

ThanksEek

I may not be one of the forum gods, but I believe you first have to make up your mind. The Zotac and Shuttle are two machines weighing in at 1.6 liters, whereas the Gateway is almost six times the volume. That's still small, but it's a different class of computers where still other models may come into play.

I may add that my Shuttle XS35GTv1 (4Gb/SSD) flawlessly plays 1080p. That's on a 42" 720p plasma (so rather forgiving size- and resolution wise), but the important part for such a small computer is that it plays stutter free.
Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it! Big Grin Is there any site you'd recommend from which to purchase the ND22? All the site's it appears on, I've never heard of.

Thanks!Laugh
Pages: 1 2