Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/Nvidia/Intel GPUs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
oh oh he speaks German that means really something
@wsnipex:
I have seen more activity on xbmc-xvba-frodo than on xbmc-xvba.
Are those merges from official 12.2 bugfix release? Are those already integrated in xbmc-xvba ppa?

I am still on xbmc version git20130320.0500-d10eed7 distributed via xbmc-xvba package.
The newer one(s) totaly break up playback (as posted earlier in this thread).
xbmc-xvba-frodo contains mainline frodo 12.2 + some pre 12.3 and non-mainline fixes.

And yes, xbmc-xvba is going a bit slow lately, as we don't have time to properly test. We'd very much appreciate users trying the xbmc-xvba-testing ppa and reporting back with results.
Hey All,

I just created a new nvidia-only xbmcbuntu version with xbmc from the xbmc-xvba-frodo. These version should contain the 13.04 drivers fixes as well! Don't use if you are on AMD gpu. Please let me know your findings!!

Download: http://xbmcfreak.binkey.nl/xbmcbuntu-13....pex_v1.iso
Hey, the last time I tried getting Linux to work on my A6-3500 (about half a year ago) it worked but not as good as on Windows so I went back to Win7/8.

Can I expect to get it working perfectly now?

I need:
XVBA
HD Audio
3D

And I would really like to use XBMCbuntu cause of the UI, the boot into XBMC and the switch to desktop.

I got really happy when I saw there was an AMD XBMCbuntu build, but yea... not running that good.

So my question basically is if anyone got everything working or should I just go back to Win instead of wasting the next week trying?
XVBA (h264, vc1): yes
HD Audio: no (blame fglrx)
3D: no (nothing in mainline yet).
Thanks, I guess I can stop trying then.

CPU is like 2 years old and AMD drivers seem to get worse.

Welcome back shitty Windows8...
Checked out from FernetMenta's tree today and found something interesting:

I'm missing settings referring to changing output devices, no option to vsync, etc. Is this an upstream error or is it FernetMenta's git that's just the problem?

To note the git was freshly cloned and was loaded with an empty .xbmc folder

Version is: "XBMC 13.0ALPHA4 Git:20130524-3d6df18"

My apologies if I'm emphatically adding noise but haven't been able to reach a resolution by standard searching
Press "left" and choose "Advanced". (New Settings categories, to hide stuff people might not understand :-))
A redesign of the settings is currently underway in the 13-alpha versions.

See http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=163867
Ah that explains. Thanks for the info, much appreciated Smile
(2013-05-26, 14:54)handleunknown Wrote: [ -> ]Checked out from FernetMenta's tree today and found something interesting:

I'm missing settings referring to changing output devices, no option to vsync, etc. Is this an upstream error or is it FernetMenta's git that's just the problem?

To note the git was freshly cloned and was loaded with an empty .xbmc folder

Version is: "XBMC 13.0ALPHA4 Git:20130524-3d6df18"

My apologies if I'm emphatically adding noise but haven't been able to reach a resolution by standard searching

Can I ask what skin this is? Big Grin

I just upgraded this weekend to the latest release in the ppa:wsnipex/xbmc-xvba repository and noticed my Sickbeard to XBMC notifications are not working anymore. Has anyone else noticed this?
Its Bello.
I just noticed my notifications are working again...
I'm assuming it had something to do with my XBMC webserver not starting.

Thanks for the reply about the skin; Bello is now up and running on my system as well
Yeah Bello looking nice...