Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/Nvidia/Intel GPUs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can you retry with vnsi and vnsiserver?

xbmc-xvba was updated yesterday to the latest mainline code - as we found it pretty stable, tested with tvheadend and vnsi. Source for vnsi and vnsiserver are directly within fernetmenta github master tree.
Hai,

I investigated the high cpu on ubuntu ( and debian) and xbmc.
This is not fglrx or xbmc problem.

there are kernel bugs causing these problems.
the bugs are in kernel 3.0.1 and higher, until kernel 3.5rc from upstream.

Because of the lots of high cpu messages, im reporting this here also.

(2012-06-19, 11:16)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]Can you retry with vnsi and vnsiserver?

xbmc-xvba was updated yesterday to the latest mainline code - as we found it pretty stable, tested with tvheadend and vnsi. Source for vnsi and vnsiserver are directly within fernetmenta github master tree.

Ahh, sorry it was a problem with the xvdr. Updated it and works again, some API changes...

Thanks anyway Wink
(2012-06-19, 11:16)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]...
with the last update, the "power"-button on my remote isn't responding anymore Sad
can someone explain that?

edit: found this one in the log, looks suspicions
Quote:17:42:13 T:139839211599744 ERROR: Keymapping error: no such action 'language' defined

edit2: it seems like I've found the reason for this behavior:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/e784...8c8c3fb8ab
Quote:Add keymap support for the power button

edit3:
hopefully the last one Wink instead of "<key id=XXXXX>ActivateWindow(shutdownmenu)</key>" I have to use this: <power>ActivateWindow(shutdownmenu)</power>
now everything works Smile
(2012-06-18, 21:30)wsnipex Wrote: [ -> ]we don't have any reports of the problem you are describing. can you post a debug log and a sample please?

Of course.
I took a debug log with 4 playbacks, first one is with Sync playback to display disabled , the rest are with the setting enabled with sync method Video clock (drop/dupe) and #2 being the same file as the first one. I've stripped some of my menu browsing (and network passwords etc) from the log in attempt to declutter it a bit, hopefully I left all the useful stuff in. And hopefully it's not too long.

#2, #3 and #4 all have visible stutter and fluctuating FPS. Also the audio seems to go in and out of sync.
#4 file was the smallest in size so I've placed it for sample in:
http://bugi.oulu.fi/~jake/tmp/stutter_sample.avi

Mediainfo for #1/#2:
http://paste.ubuntu.com/1049460/

Mediainfo for #3:
http://paste.ubuntu.com/1049466/

Mediainfo for #4:
http://paste.ubuntu.com/1049470/

Quote:Also, does this happen with all kinds of videos or only a specific one?

Yes, it appears to do, the amount of the fluctuation seems to vary from file to file though. On some files it's actually not too bad, noticeable though, and on others it's horrible. From observing the 'o' key video information, in the not too bad files FPS appear to fluctuate some on a range of +/-5 from what it should be, whereas the really bad ones sway all over the place (ranging +/- 20 the video fps).

The one in the sample is one of the worst ones, completely unwatchable without disabling the sync setting.

EDIT:
Hrmh.. forgot to pastebin the actual debug log. It can be found here:
http://paste.ubuntu.com/1049611/
nichiren, the link you posted for the sample does not work for me.
@FernetMenta:
http://bugi.oulu.fi/~jake/tmp/stutter_sample.avi <- the last dot was too much.
(2012-06-19, 19:32)FernetMenta Wrote: [ -> ]nichiren, the link you posted for the sample does not work for me.

fritsch beat me to it, I had the extra full stop in the link. Sorry about it.
Edited the post.
I don't know if this is helpful for the devs, but I installed this and received a "xbmc needs hardware accelerated opengl" error upon opening the program.

I am using onboard graphics: Intel Corporation 82Q963/Q965 Integrated Graphics Controller, IntelĀ® 965Q x86/MMX/SSE2.

OS: ubuntu 12.04 LTS, Kernel: Linux 3.2.0-25-generic i686

I also tried the live CD (xbmcubuntu-11-9-wsnipex.testing-v2.iso) and had no problems with the program opening.
(2012-06-19, 19:45)nichiren Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-19, 19:32)FernetMenta Wrote: [ -> ]nichiren, the link you posted for the sample does not work for me.

fritsch beat me to it, I had the extra full stop in the link. Sorry about it.
Edited the post.

your sample plays fine on my test system.

@fritsch, @wsnipex
have you tried the sample?
@FernetMenta:
I think it is not muxed optimal, but i did not see sever problems. Cause of the constant minimal offset i thought this is a file problem.
@FernetMenta,@fritsch

The sample works for me as well _if_ I disable the sync playback to display setting. This causes other problems though as in occasional stutter and loss of A/V sync.

When I enable the setting and set the A/V sync method to recommended 'Video clock (dupe/drop audio)', all videos I've tried start to exhibit the issue I've described.

I've tried completely purging the fglrx drivers and reinstalling, creating a new xorg.conf. I haven't managed to produce anything new. When the setting is disabled, playback works for the most part, when disabled there's not so much working playback to be had. The setting did work before the upgrade so in all sense it should still work and for the life of me I can't figure out what's wrong here.

Sync enabled there seems to be an awful amount of messages like below during playback.

Code:
18:17:33 T:2691623744   DEBUG: CDVDPlayerAudio:: Discontinuity - was:670099.451562, should be:800548.444562, error:130448.993000

One of the playbacks in the log also produces a lot of the following message:
Code:
18:19:57 T:2940205888   DEBUG: CheckPlayerInit - dropping packet type:1 dts:13584000.000000 to get to start point at 16000000.000000

The fourth playback in file has other kinds of messages, though none of the above kind.
Code:
18:20:30 T:2835942208   DEBUG: CDVDPlayerVideo::CalcDropRequirement - dropped in decoder, Sleeptime: -0.049607, Bufferlevel: -1, Gain: 0.041708

All three of the playbacks with the sync to display enabled (ie. second, third and fourth playbacks in the log) produce the first message, only one produces also the second and only one produces the last one.

All the files in those playbacks do work for the most part when the setting is disabled, so it cannot be the actual files causing the issue.

Any thoughts what to test next?
Can you copy this file to your local harddisk and retry?
Code:
DoWork - Saving file state for video item smb://herp:[email protected]/foo/Smallville (1x04 X-Ray).avi

I have a constant 0.1seconds offset from local drive, but cannot reproduce any stuttering.

Edit: After Looking at your log again. Could you pastebin: xbmc-xrandr output? you find it somewhere in /usr/lib/xbmc
Ok. Now I'm confused. I copied the file above to local hard drive, tried it first with the sync to display setting disabled - worked as expected. Then, I enabled the setting and used the video clock (drop/dupe audio) method and tried again.. got the now too familiar stuttering and fluctuating FPS.

So, I decided that I'll reboot to get a debug log from the beginning without too much clutter. After that, I enabled debugging and tried the playback - no stutter, no loss of sync, works like a charm. I also tried to play the same file from the original network location.. still working. Now I've watched few videos from the network, everything works.

What in blazes just happened? I know I didn't change anything except the sync to display setting and debug logging setting, and I've previously twiddled those and booted the thing several times while testing things and trying to make it work. How come it decided to start working now? Huh

I guess the problem is solved then, hopefully it will stay that way...
Thanks for the help all the same!
Hello,
I'm constantly running into a black screen every 10 minutes, although no screen saver or stuff like that is activated. I need to press the famous "any key" on my keyboard to get xbmc back on the screen. This behavior does not occur when I use the normal Ubuntu Desktop.

System: AMD E-350
Catalyst: From Repo (12.4, I guess?)
Monitor: TV via HDMI

Here is the debug log:
xbmc.log

By the way: I hope your post on Phoronix can generate some more pressure on AMD. Great work otherwise.