Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/Nvidia/Intel GPUs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2012-10-25, 13:02)uNiversal Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-10-25, 01:27)john.cord Wrote: [ -> ]sorry but your "solution" is mentioned in the very first post...

It is NOT, Angel Not the usb-storage driver part-- to clarify! (at the Ubuntu 12.04 minimal install -at- least will not load usb-storage driver until you plug in a device AFTER the boot process is complete)

The udev rule which is n first post does NOT fix usb-automount for devices that are left connected into the box.

The udev rule fixes only if you plug a device after Linux/xbmc has booted! Tongue (mountdevice-by-label)

The driver need to be loaded permanently otherwise you have to unplug and re-plug any usb devices.

(2012-10-20, 21:37)john.cord Wrote: [ -> ]But the point is that it should be unnecessary if a device is plugged in before the machine is running. It should be mounted in both cases...

Indeed now with the usb-storage driver loaded permanently, this is no longer a problem.

uNi

That is not true. I have set up a system according to the guide without your "fix" and no problem with connected harddrives or MCE IR Receiver before booting the system.
@ john.cord

This is according to Ubuntu minimal (no desktop or window managers of any sort or even auto-mount aids e.g usbmount ) as per my experience with 12.04, other set-ups may behave differently, mine does not. It is as described.

uNi
thnx, wsnipex, thats great! i´ve just ordered it!!!
(2012-10-25, 23:23)uNiversal Wrote: [ -> ]@ john.cord

This is according to Ubuntu minimal (no desktop or window managers of any sort or even auto-mount aids e.g usbmount ) as per my experience with 12.04, other set-ups may behave differently, mine does not. It is as described.

uNi

And guess what i am using?? Ubuntu Minimal 12.04 !!
I'm hitting a brick wall here, are the pvr plugins like compiled into the xbmc or what ? I'm trying to install the new nextpvr plugin with timeshifting support and it installs fine from the zip file, and is located in /home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons however it's not loaded. No matter what it stays with version 1.0.0.0 and the new version is 1.0.1.0

I've even replaced XBMC_Nextpvr.pvr in /usr/lib/xbmc/addons with the new one and updated the files in /usr/share/xbmc/addons but still it loads version 1.0.0.0 - where does it find it ?

oh, if it isn't clear, I'm using the testing build.
KRA77:
Turn on debugging and check the xbmc.log file.

We build xbmc with the matching pvr plugins. If you compile your own version of the pvr addons afterwards, make sure that those fit to the installed PVR API. If you want to replace the systemwide plugin, you have to remove the addon in /usr/lib/xbmc/addons
(2012-10-26, 22:37)KRA77 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm hitting a brick wall here, are the pvr plugins like compiled into the xbmc or what ? I'm trying to install the new nextpvr plugin with timeshifting support and it installs fine from the zip file, and is located in /home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons however it's not loaded. No matter what it stays with version 1.0.0.0 and the new version is 1.0.1.0

I've even replaced XBMC_Nextpvr.pvr in /usr/lib/xbmc/addons with the new one and updated the files in /usr/share/xbmc/addons but still it loads version 1.0.0.0 - where does it find it ?

oh, if it isn't clear, I'm using the testing build.

latest Nextpvr plugin in the official pvr-addons repo is: 1.0.0.0:
https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr-ad...ngelog.txt
https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr-ad.../addon.xml

so I don't see your problem.

If you use another repo for this plugin, its up to you to make it work. In either case you must compile the addons with --prefix=/usr if you use my xbmc packages.
It's actually loading the plugin from home rather than /usr/lib/xbmc/addons if there is something in home. So working as intended. I actually tried both deleting it and copy the new plugin to /usr location, but no help. Only thing I'm left with now is that the plugin is in fact the old version and not the new, someone package wrong.
yeah. sorry guys, I downloaded a precompiled zip package, supposedly of the new version but it seems someone messed up and uploaded the old version. But I also see that this new plugin require Frodo build from 25th or newer (now that I'm awake) So I'm out of luck until your next release.

http://www.dotnetdevelopers.net/XBMC/xbmcpvr.html

https://github.com/sub3/xbmc-pvr-addons/...vr.nextpvr

I don't know how this git works, but several updates yesterday, maybe they need to be pulled into master or something ?
The github link points to the nextpvr devs branch, so this is not official.
Usually when the dev is done with his changes he will send a Pull Request to opdenkamps official addons repo.

Seems the new version relies on very recent changes in xbmc, thats why it requires bleeding edge xbmc.
I can't build new packages right now, because I'm on holiday with very limited internet access.

I suggest you wait till the nextpvr dev pushes his changes to the official addons repo
Hi there, I'm trying to upgrade/install this instead of the xbmc version provided in the latest stable XBMCbuntu. My problem is somehow he doesn't recognize the xbmc version provided by your repository even when I succesfully added it. I remove xbmc and xbmc-bin as suggested and when I install again he still fetches the xbmc version from the team xbmc repo. I even removed that from my /etc/apt/ sources and then he gives me :

Package xbmc is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source
E: Package 'xbmc' has no installation candidate

What am I doing wrong?
Have you done this:

Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:wsnipex/xbmc-xvba
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install xbmc xbmc-bin

uNi

Works now, thanks! Smile
I'm on ubuntu 12.04 and noticed that my embedded mp3 album art is not read. Is anyone else having this issue, or am I doing something wrong.
@The Angry One

There's other topics around forum like that about music local art, you may want to check them out. also a PR

uNi
I have a strange thing going on and maybe anyone can help me with:
After my system idle over night or something (my system runs 24/7) and i want to watch a 1080p movie it is some times async and the movie plays in slow motion. for fixing this i need to stop the lightdm and unload the fglrx kernel modul.
Here is the log: http://paste.ubuntu.com/1311636/
Have any one the same issues?