Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] MMA Browser
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
looks like sherdog changed something that broke scraping :/ I haven't had time to look at the script recently but I'm working at something that should fix the scraping issues once and for all, but i'll need a lot of help once i'm done with keeping data up to date and accurate

If there's anyone who wants early access to the site to help out with artwork just drop me a note, PM here or @paddycarey on twitter. I'm not interested at this stage with anyone just wanting to help test but that'll come soon so you can drop me a note about that too if you like.

Paddy
dropped you a PN
Please don't stop developing this, it's such a great idea. I have no programming experience but I am willing to put plenty of effort into the database.
Couldn't agree more!! I'm a designer and I'm more than willing to help out with anything like posters, fanart and web design.
Getting back to this is pretty near the top of my todo list, real life just got in the way for a couple of months, but my schedule should begin to clear up over the next few weeks so it hopefully shouldn't be too long (I know i've said that before but I mean it this time Wink)
(2012-05-26, 02:13)paddycarey Wrote: [ -> ]Getting back to this is pretty near the top of my todo list, real life just got in the way for a couple of months, but my schedule should begin to clear up over the next few weeks so it hopefully shouldn't be too long (I know i've said that before but I mean it this time Wink)

Great news! Thanks.
Hi i'm new to the forums I love UFC and would love to watch it using xbmc, but I cannot get your add-on to work properly. I know it is my fault but i'm not sure where i'm going wrong.

Firstly, where should I be installing the file which I downloaded from the Zip folder on the first page? (im using windows7)

Next how should I set up my folders?

E:/MMA/UFC 146/UFC.146.Preliminary.Fights
E:/MMA/UFC 146/UFC.146.Dos.Santos.vs.Mir

That is how they are set up at the moment and i'm not sure where to put the SherdogID.nfo file.

Any help would be really apprieciated, Thanks!
(2012-05-29, 01:23)MSG1986 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi i'm new to the forums I love UFC and would love to watch it using xbmc, but I cannot get your add-on to work properly. I know it is my fault but i'm not sure where i'm going wrong.

Addon is broken for now.

(2012-04-15, 15:58)paddycarey Wrote: [ -> ]looks like sherdog changed something that broke scraping :/ I haven't had time to look at the script recently but I'm working at something that should fix the scraping issues once and for all, but i'll need a lot of help once i'm done with keeping data up to date and accurate

If there's anyone who wants early access to the site to help out with artwork just drop me a note, PM here or @paddycarey on twitter. I'm not interested at this stage with anyone just wanting to help test but that'll come soon so you can drop me a note about that too if you like.

Paddy
So I appear to be useless at keeping records and have lost track of who said they'd help out with metafight so can anyone who wants to help please email me and I'll get to work with account setup? anything at metafight

And for anyone else who missed my earlier pleading here's where I really need help right now:

Python/Django: I have this pretty well covered but there's a lot to do so any help'd be appreciated
Frontend (HTML/CSS/JS/General Design work): Really need some help with design as if it's left up to me it probably won't be pretty, but it'll work. HTML/CSS/JS help would be greatly appreciated too because I'm pretty awful at it.
Content (The good stuff, fight data/artwork etc.): This one's where we'll need the most help to begin, but i'll only be giving a small group of testers access initially while we're still in heavy development.

Dev help is needed now so anyone who has those skills can be useful right away, but hopefully I should have *something* ready for testers by the end of the weekend. Public git repo'll be up tonight. (Just trying to figure out what parts of a Django project I can safely commit to a public repo)

Oh and of course an MMABrowser fix will follow as soon as I have the API up and running (which is top of the list).

So much for starting a small project just to fix MMABrowser, eh? These things always seem to spiral out of control when I'm involved Wink

Cheers
Paddy
This is awesome,

I started creating all the events before I got to the end of the thread and see that Sherdog have changed their format rendering this addon inoperable Sad

If I can help with anything from formatting fanart to simple data entry please let me know what I can do.

Cheers.
DeeG
This sounds like an amazing addon!

Sorry im new to this thread as i havent had my htpc set up for about a year, but have tried to catch up. From what i can tell its going through a complete re-make? Just wondering how this is getting on? And as the last poster asked, is there anything people can chip in with and help? Unfortunately i've got no coding skills, but should be able to help with content etc.

Thanks!
Just thought I'd take a minute to lend my support to both the plugin and metafight. Would absolutely be willing to help out in whatever way I can. I have a decent amount of graphic editing experience, I'm pretty good with XML, I'm an avid MMA fan, and would love the opportunity to participate in any of the grunt work. Even if it just means spending hours copying data from Sherdog and Wikipedia into XML sheets, it wouldn't hurt my feelings in the least. The opportunity to have a system that gets my fight DB interfaced into XBMC is a worthwhile project.

As an aside, I'd just like to say keep up the good work, and I hope the site would be able to lend itself to other combat sports as well, boxing, K1, etc. that have been televised.
Any more on getting this working again
Looks like it's completely dead, unfortunately.
yeah i was looking forward to this one, hope it will come back to life
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17