Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] MMA Browser
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
fantomenet Wrote:Hmm i've disabled plugins but still doesnt work. From what i have seen it worked prefectly the first two days. Then it all went south, also tried installing xbmc with the addon on a fresh computer same problem.

I understand if i'ts something you cant work around, maybe the issue will solve when Eden moves from beta...

I've been able to reproduce it but still not sure what causes it, seems to happen if you press escape to go back to the menu. I don't usually do that so never noticed it, it doesn't freeze if you press stop for me.

[EDIT] Actually it's now freezing for me on stop too, weird, I haven't changed anything in the plugin since it was last working fine. I'll have to investigate further.
OK, I've had a look and I'm pretty sure it's related this this bug. I've changed where I call progress dialogs and it seems to have fixed the issue for me, if you update to the latest git you can try it out.
paddycarey: I got a new error message with latest git, so maybe we can solve OpenELEC issues now.
http://pastebin.com/36kAT2bd
Code:
root ~ # python
Python 2.7.2 (default, Jan  6 2012, 09:56:07)
[GCC 4.6.2] on linux2
newphreak Wrote:paddycarey: I got a new error message with latest git, so maybe we can solve OpenELEC issues now.
http://pastebin.com/36kAT2bd

That's the same error as you were getting in your logs previously.

FWIW I've just done a fresh install of openelec on a spare hd just to test this out (it was bugging me because i knew it worked before) and it worked fine for me using this build. I'm still convinced there's something wrong with your install.

Could you delete all traces of the install from git and try installing from zip for me (link in first post) and see if that works?
Great idea for an addon. Any plans to set up a section for MMA news - scrape from highlight and interview from various sites or online episodes like ufc central etc.... Looking to try to figure out how to set something like this up but the last time i did anything computer related was doing basic in grade 5 on a commadore 64 so it may be a long time for that to happen : )
Ukrainianoiler Wrote:Great idea for an addon. Any plans to set up a section for MMA news - scrape from highlight and interview from various sites or online episodes like ufc central etc.... Looking to try to figure out how to set something like this up but the last time i did anything computer related was doing basic in grade 5 on a commadore 64 so it may be a long time for that to happen : )

That's something I've thought about and I don't think it'd be too difficult, XBMC has most of the necessary infrastructure in place already (youtube plugin, brightcove module etc.). Few other things I wanted to get sorted out first though so it might be a while.
Loving the add-on right now!

Do you know of a way to include fight card info for each event so that I have an idea of where to skip to if I want to watch a single fight in the middle of a two hour PPV?
Phargo Wrote:Loving the add-on right now!

Do you know of a way to include fight card info for each event so that I have an idea of where to skip to if I want to watch a single fight in the middle of a two hour PPV?

I've changed the plugin so it'll display the number of the fight beside the fighters, should give you at least some indication as to the order of the card.
paddycarey Wrote:I've changed the plugin so it'll display the number of the fight beside the fighters, should give you at least some indication as to the order of the card.

Awesome! Do you have a preferred skin that you're working with while you're setting up menus?
paddycarey Wrote:I've been able to reproduce it but still not sure what causes it, seems to happen if you press escape to go back to the menu. I don't usually do that so never noticed it, it doesn't freeze if you press stop for me.

[EDIT] Actually it's now freezing for me on stop too, weird, I haven't changed anything in the plugin since it was last working fine. I'll have to investigate further.

Excellent the update you did worked when i installed the latest git.

Thank You!
Phargo Wrote:Awesome! Do you have a preferred skin that you're working with while you're setting up menus?

Not really, but I mostly use Transparency! and Confluence. I'm just pushing lists into tvshow views so you can use any tv viewtype from any skin Smile
Oh damn, i didn't see your zip link when i tried this the first time. That works, so i guess it breaks somewhere between moving it to my windows laptop, and back on to either of my openelec boxes. Smile

Edit:
It seems this is kind of limited to unpacked (I mainly use rar'ed content.) videos. And it has to be locally on the box (or mounted).
Would it be possible to implement it to do stuff through xbmc more, to allow rar'ed content, and allow streaming over samba/nfs/other features xbmc uses?
http://pastebin.com/Q2sCtD16
Will play some more with it this weekend. Smile It's certainly a nice add-on, but it needs a little re-work in my case.
newphreak Wrote:Oh damn, i didn't see your zip link when i tried this the first time. That works, so i guess it breaks somewhere between moving it to my windows laptop, and back on to either of my openelec boxes. Smile

Edit:
It seems this is kind of limited to unpacked (I mainly use rar'ed content.) videos. And it has to be locally on the box (or mounted).
Would it be possible to implement it to do stuff through xbmc more, to allow rar'ed content, and allow streaming over samba/nfs/other features xbmc uses?
http://pastebin.com/Q2sCtD16
Will play some more with it this weekend. Smile It's certainly a nice add-on, but it needs a little re-work in my case.

Just fixed the addon so it should now work with remote shares, you may need to add the path manually in settings.xml though until i figure out a way to set it Sad

rars are on my todo list, but fairly far down, so i'll get to them eventually
Actually i've just noticed that as a handy side-effect of using jsonrpc for the filelistings that rars now automatically work also Big Grin
Updated the zip link with a new test version in the first post.

https://github.com/downloads/paddycarey/...-0.0.3.zip

- Add ability to sort directory listings by various criteria
- Added event counts for fighters/promotions
- Added fight numbers to fight list to allow easier sorting
- Cleaned up dialogs to give better indication of progress
- Plugin now works with remote shares
- Added rar support
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17