Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Compile XBMC with AirPlay ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need your help.

I have been trying to compile XBMC from Pulse-Eight github with AirPlay function, for dans, without any success.
I compiled and install libshairport and configure Xbmc with the following command line.

Sudo ./configure --enable-airplay --enable-airtunes

Everything seems to work fine, because I can read at the end of compilation process, AirPlay enable : yes and the same for AirTunes.

Following make and make install work fine, but when I run Xbmc and enable it to recieve AirPlay content, nothing.... My IPad doesn't see it...

I have then got several questions :
- what is the difference between AirPlay and AirTunes options ?
- what are the right options to write in ./configure command Line ?
- how I can verify if everything is correctly installed and configured ?

As you may have guess I am a fresh new linux user, and I really do need help..

If someone has got a How-to, I am interesseted in it ...

Thanks for your help.
S.
airplay - video
airtunes - music

airplay option will turn on both when both libs where found during configure.

Everything looks good on your side ... please activate debugging in xbmc settings-system-debugging - restart xbmc and wait a min and post the xbmc.log after that (use pastebin.com for pasting the log)
Thank you for your quick answer.

Here is the Pastebin link with the debugging log file :http://pastebin.com/wt6f2GUq

I guess that you will better understand what is written in it, than I did, but what I could see is that AirPlay and AirTunes seem to start properly.

Thank you again for your help.

That is what I do like here. There is always someone to help you.

S.
you don't have the avahi daemon running ... fix this and it should work...
Memphiz Wrote:you don't have the avahi daemon running ... fix this and it should work...

IT WORKS, YES

How could I thank you ?

Now I could go on with my beautifull installation which is almost perfect.

Once again thank you and if I can help xbmc development team just tell me, if I am able to, I'll do it.

S.
Memphiz Wrote:you don't have the avahi daemon running ... fix this and it should work...

thanks Memphiz,
It solved my problem too!
Hi there,

i am also having problems with airplay (thread).

Maybe this could solve my problems too.
How do i start avahi daemon??
Big Grin Thanks Memphiz!

installed avahi rebuild my xbox pvr version and now airplay & tunes are working!

@Hasu0bs the real one? Wink

i have a gentoo system so installing avahi was done with 'emerge avahi' and starting with it with '/etc/init.d/avahi-daemon' followed by 'rc-update add avahi-daemon default' after this i configured xbmc and build it again.