Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: setup default location video section
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have set up a dedicated folder on my nas for XBMC to stream video content from. My intention is to enter this folder immediately when i enter the video section (to make it default so to say)

To do this is i created a sources.xml file with the location named as default. I tested the file on my windows xbmc setup and it works fine.

But on my Apple TV setup it doesn't work. Instead of going to the folder right away i get a the following order:

main video section
|
files
playlists
video add-ons
|

If i go into "files" i get to "video" which is how i named my default folder in the sources.xml file. After that i get to the correct location.

Info:
Windows version:
XBMC 10.1 Git:e9e9099

IOS version:
XBMC PRE-11.0 Git:20111210-flae0b6

Any ideas on how to set this up?

Regards,

Patrick
There is an option in the Skin Settings for Confluence, under Home Window Options, called "Videos" button always goes to video "Files". Is that what you're looking for?
Generally you don't make the sources.xml file yourself, but just let it be created/edited by XBMC when you enter stuff through the GUI. However, if it works on your Windows XBMC then you probably have it all set right. The issue is possibly a permissions one, so do this:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...r_settings

If that doesn't work then try deleting the sources.xml file and entering the info through XBMC.
DLeavy Wrote:There is an option in the Skin Settings for Confluence, under Home Window Options, called "Videos" button always goes to video "Files". Is that what you're looking for?

I am using Confluence Vertical which doesn't have that option apparently. To try your suggestion i switched to Confluence (horizontal) and turned on "always go video files". If i then go to the video section i get one step further but still i don't get to my folder directly i have to click the sources name first.

Ned Scott Wrote:Generally you don't make the sources.xml file yourself, but just let it be created/edited by XBMC when you enter stuff through the GUI. However, if it works on your Windows XBMC then you probably have it all set right. The issue is possibly a permissions one, so do this:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...r_settings

If that doesn't work then try deleting the sources.xml file and entering the info through XBMC.

I tried resetting the permissions as described in the FAQ but it still doesn't work.

Indeed i normally let XBMC create my sources.xml file but i just can't set it through the gui to make use of the default option. I think the only way to set up a default folder is through editing the sources.xml file but correct me if i'm wrong on this one.

Any other ideas?

(btw: i tried to upload my sources.xml for checking but apparently i can't post attachments)
It might just be an undocumented behaviour difference between Dharma and the Pre-Eden nightlies.