Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Best XBMC resolution or scaling to tv?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright so I am having a hard time to get xbmc to fit nicely on this 50" Plasma I have here... I believe I was able to in the past not sure why I cant now. I recently uninstalled it and reinstalled xbmc and installed new Graphic Card drivers.

I have HD 6xxx series.

According to AMD Vision Control Center it says maximum reported resolution is 1920x1080 for the tv so I go to xbmc settings and set that.

There is a Black Border on top and bottom and left side is cut off. I tried to using GPU scaling in AMD Vision Control Center and I can not get it even on the screen without cutting off the left.

So my question is what is best way to sync up xbmc with my tvs resolution so it fills from corner to corner without cutting off anything?

Im pretty sure I have had this working before its just I reinstalled xbmc along with the New AMD 12.1 Vision Control Center drivers which in honesty I think that may be the problem now that I think of it.
Strange.. Your not suppose to scale either on TV nor GPU side while using Hdmi. I have Sony HX 46" and Zotac ID40 (ION2) hw. GPU is set to No-Scaling and TV just displays 1:1 the pixels: no borders, no fitting issues, just pure fullscreen Win7 screen, xbmc aswell.Nod
Thats odd because I have 3 htpcs and Ive had to do that with each and every one of them and 2 are working great and for some reason after installing new driver this one is wrecked and just cuts my screen off.
Okay So what I am experience seems to be between my Computer and TV.. has nothing to do with XBMC because even when I close XBMC and open a web browser full screen it cuts off the right side and still same black bars top and bottom..

SO something is not right with computer.

EDIT: After playing with many settings both on the computer and actual TV settings I got it Full screen and looking good.
try 1366x768 or whatever is closest to that...our 50" Plasma in the living room looks best at that resolution, worth a shot
Have you tried calibrating the XBMC UI?
System --> System --> Video Output --> Video calibration...

Check it isn't running in 'Windowed" mode.
System --> System --> Video Output --> Display Mode

Check the skin isn't 'zoomed'.
System --> Appearance --> Skin --> Zoom

The last thing to check is from Windows itself (Win 7).
If you're using DPI scalling, disable it for XBMC.
Right click the shortcut --> Properties --> Compatility tab --> Tick "Disable display scalling on high DPI settings".

Actually one more thing; make sure your tv is set to "Just" an not 16:9.