Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Single fanart displayed for all TV shows/seasons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently started using the Aeon skin after switching back and forth between several other skins in the past. Since I switched, my TV shows won't show different fanart for the different seasons, even though the files are in each individual folder - just the single fanart saved in the root folder for each TV show is displayed. Now, even if I switch back to a different skin, only the main fanart is displayed. I'm not sure if this is a skin issue, or if I changed a generic setting somewhere or saved a fanart incorrectly...

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Memphiz Wrote:might be related to http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=117142

I don't think that's quite it though because I don't have a single fanart showing up all over. The fanarts saved in the root folder of each individual TV show are showing up in each of that show's respective seasons. For example, the fanart saved in the "24" root directory also shows up as the fanart for each of the 24 seasons, while the fanart saved in the "Lost" root directory shows up under all those seasons. So it's not one single fanart that shows up incorrectly - it just behaves as if I don't have individual fanarts saved at the season levels...
dajoip Wrote:I don't think that's quite it though because I don't have a single fanart showing up all over. The fanarts saved in the root folder of each individual TV show are showing up in each of that show's respective seasons. For example, the fanart saved in the "24" root directory also shows up as the fanart for each of the 24 seasons, while the fanart saved in the "Lost" root directory shows up under all those seasons. So it's not one single fanart that shows up incorrectly - it just behaves as if I don't have individual fanarts saved at the season levels...

Maybe because the Aeon skin you use does not support season level fanart.
And which Aeon because there are multiple versions so it is best to request this in the correct skin thread.
Martijn Wrote:Maybe because the Aeon skin you use does not support season level fanart.
And which Aeon because there are multiple versions so it is best to request this in the correct skin thread.

That may be, and I have asked the same question in the Aeon MQ3 (version I'm using) thread, but no response yet. However, that wouldn't explain why it doesn't work if I switch back to the skin I was using previously (Alaska Revisited Mod) which I know does support season-level fanart...so I'm not convinced this is an Aeon skin issue.
dajoip Wrote:That may be, and I have asked the same question in the Aeon MQ3 (version I'm using) thread, but no response yet. However, that wouldn't explain why it doesn't work if I switch back to the skin I was using previously (Alaska Revisited Mod) which I know does support season-level fanart...so I'm not convinced this is an Aeon skin issue.

Any further suggestions?
I'm actually having the same issue, but I'm not sure when it started. I recently changed from XBMC-PVR Build 55 to 57, played around with Aeon MQ3 and then had to wipe and recreate the library databases/delete the thumbnails folder to fix a corruption issue. And now, being back on Confluence skin, the art for seasons is the same as the overall TV show. Annoying Sad

Edit: It's probably worth mentioning that while using MQ3, the season artwork was deffo working.
I figured this out, it was a skin setting for MQ3, found it buried in the menu options. Would've been nice to have gotten this answer in the MQ3 thread, as it would've saved a lot of time and headache...
I'm having the exact same problem in the stock skin for Eden Beta. It will show correctly if you go into the file menu and view it that way, but if you access the tv show through the normal TV show menu it will only display one fanart for all the seasons even though I have several created for me by Ember Media.

I have also checked the skin settings and can't see a option. Does anyone know if the stock skin for Eden Beta supports different season fanart? I thought it used too on the nighties, but I could be wrong.

Thanks in advanced
dajoip Wrote:I figured this out, it was a skin setting for MQ3, found it buried in the menu options. Would've been nice to have gotten this answer in the MQ3 thread, as it would've saved a lot of time and headache...

Hi, I have the same issue, I tried to look in the skin settings of MQ3 like you said, but I couldn't find the option, could you help me out?

Thanks

Caligaridk