Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: library duplication after NAS disk added...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all and thanks for reading.

I recently added another disk to my unRaid NAS and created a user share.
my media was stored in /mnt/disk1/media with disk 1 being mapped as Z: on my windows box. since adding the disk i created a user share called media and mapped this to M:

I have changed all my settings in SAB SB and CP no problem. But now I have changed the media sources in xbmc from disk 1 ( Z: ) to the media share ( M: ) xbmc has re-added all those movies and TV series to the library again creating duplicates of every fil / episode.

Now i understand why its done it as it just sees the new files on the M: drive as new media. I know i can go into xbmc manually deleting (remove from library) each individual entry but that will be time consuming.

is there an easy way to upate xbmc's library to delete all the duplicate entries? and will i need to 'unmap' the Z: drive link to disk 1 so xbmc can no longer 'see' both instances of the file?

any help greatly appreciated.
If you can see two copies, then XBMC would play either - they're valid files - so will stay in the library. However, if it can't see the second copy (because you'd removed this drive mapping) then you could purge these in one go through the system settings (Settings -> Video -> Library -> clean library off the top of my head, but don't quote me on that!).

I suppose it also depends on whether you have Z: defined as a separate media source - if so, you can just delete this source (you can keep the mapping) and then clean as above and it should work.
In settings menu under Video is an option to Clean Library which remove all entries that don't exist. Another method is to remove the source of the original drive which will then prompt you to remove all the attached records. If you've already added new media to the original drive then you don't want to use option 2.
i found the clean library option which sounds like it should do the trick.

The problem I have now is that I can't just remove the Z: mapping as I can no longer see the unRaid box on my network. Not sure if that happened as a result of me creating a user share or not but its deffo disappeared!!

i was going to just remove the Z; drive, clean the library then re map the Z; drive but if i cant see the server on the network now i wont be able to.

i didnt add the new user share as a new source, I just edited the existing sources so they pointed to the user share rather than disk 1, so i cant just delete the source.

Any idea how to get my unraid server back visible on the network?