Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Zotac Nano AD10 win XMBC choppy HD playback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I've looked in the forum but can't really put a finger on my playback problem.

I have a Zotac Nano AD10 with XBMC installed on windows 7. Nothing else is installed. Video playback runs through a smb share on a NAS. On Mediaportal this worked just fine but I hated Mediaportal. XBMC look great but playback of any HD material is really stuttery.
I've tried about all the settings I could try but guess I'm just too novice to get it fixed.

Just tried browsing to the share and opening the file with win mediaplayer and the playback is smooth...So it must be a setting in xmbc I guess...

Where should I start getting to the real problem? I guess it should work since it runs on Mediaportal just fine...

Thanks for any help in getting my vids play on XBMC. I would hate to have to leave it...

Regards
Have you try playback HD material from the desktop using XBMC?
EvilUnicorn!

Settings - Video - Playing - DXVA2 ok!

Smile
To expand on sublime's post a bit, because the Nano has a relatively puny CPU, it needs to use the hardware acceleration on the graphics chip to help decode the video. Go into System settings, Video, Playback and enable the setting "Allow hardware acceleration (DXVA2)".

If this doesn't fix the problem we'll need to see a debug log. Enable debug logging from System settings, System, Debugging, and restart XBMC then wait a minute or two for all the startup tasks to finish. play a suitable test video, wait until it starts stuttering then stop the film and close XBMC.

Open the debug log by pressing Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

"%appdata%\xbmc\xbmc.log"

(including the quotes). Click OK and the log should open in Notepad. Copy and paste the log into http://pastebin.com/ and post the link it gives you here.

JR
Turns out a refesh setting of my screen was wrong. Now all my HD files play perfectly from the NAS!

Thanks for helping out.