Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: help getting xbmc on my tv
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
maybe i misunderstood but i watched the tutorials i have it all working well on my computer. but i want to have a way to put it on my tv now. i have a lcd 42 inch tv. i play computer games and my wife likes to watch movies in the living room. so im looking for a way to open the program on my tv and be able to watch movies while at the same time isnt just a cloned screen from my computer so i can still play computer games.

please if someone could help me out i would apprieciate it.
Not possible. Or at least, not practical. If you throw enough money at a machine and make it powerful enough, sure, but that would cost more than a dedicated HTPC. You could check out something like a modded Apple TV 2 (runs a full version of XBMC) for $100 USD, or for about $200 get a little silent nettop for the tv. You can file share the movies to the unit on the TV and game at the same time.
So your saying you want your screen extended? that way you can play a game on your desktop and watch your HTPC? is that correct?