Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Option to turn-off startup.wav
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
this need to be option (the start pic not being able to be turned off is fine). but the sound can be bad especially if you have used volume control on xbmc to turn down but master volume, but if the tv is loud the starup.wav booms out and you cant stop it untill it finishes or use xbmc volume to change level.

i like it but would like to be able to turn it off, like nav sounds is now
you can always just delete the sound file in the /media folder. no file to play, so no more startup sound.
i know this, but you could just edit nav sounds in sounds folder in skin as well. it nice to have option to turn on or off, for this id say
you have to edit the bios. there are already programs that do it easily.
what......................i have no flubber please boot new cvs it has startup sounds into xbmc it will boot everytime unless you removed startup.wav from media folder. id love to see it switchble otherwise i just have to have it deleted Smile cheers
i'm mr "a new option in settings won't kill us" but this is going over the top even for me

like you say, delete the .wav from media and live happily ever after. it's not like you suddenly realise:

"-hmm, i think i wanna hear the bootupsound next time i reboot my xbox"
cool its done. nearly all bios tools have massive over kills to disable flubber yes/no. idots
perhaps just including the startup.wav as part of the sounds.xml, that way it would be switched off with the nav sounds, and would also allow more easy "skinning" of sound sets.

james
(whodini @ april 29 2005,12:43 Wrote:perhaps just including the startup.wav as part of the sounds.xml, that way it would be switched off with the nav sounds
i think that is a good idea :agree:
same great idea Smile sorry its a nice feature but some people that dont edit xbmc find it to be painfull.

cheers