Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LINUX] Fullscreen on secondary screen?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I tried to install XBMC on my Ubuntu PC today. Everything ok...
There are two screens connected to my computer and configured as Twin View (Nvidia). I want to have XBMC on the secondary screen in fullscreen mode.
But if I switch to fullscreen XBMC is visible over both screens. If I switch to windowed mode I can move the window to the screen I want but then I have the annoying title bar and GNOME panel at the top of the screen.

The only solution I know is to use separate X screens but then I can't move any window between the screen anymore...

Is there any solution for this problem?
d0m1nation Wrote:Heres the script
#! /bin/bash

STATUS=0
WINCLASS=xbmc.bin.xbmc.bin
DISPLAY=:0.1
SLEEPDELAY=1

/usr/bin/xbmc "$@" &

while [ $STATUS -eq 0 ]
do
sleep $SLEEPDELAY
STATUS=`wmctrl -x -l | grep $WINCLASS | wc -l | awk '{print $1}'`
done

wmctrl -x -r $WINCLASS -b toggle,fullscreen

This is the same as what i posted, with credit given.
Godsbane Wrote:#! /bin/bash

STATUS=0
WINCLASS=xbmc.bin.xbmc.bin
DISPLAY=:0.1
SLEEPDELAY=1

/usr/bin/xbmc "$@" &

while [ $STATUS -eq 0 ]
do
sleep $SLEEPDELAY
STATUS=`wmctrl -x -l | grep $WINCLASS | wc -l | awk '{print $1}'`
done

wmctrl -x -r $WINCLASS -b toggle,fullscreen

This is the same as what i posted, with credit given.

OK... that only works to keep it fullscreen on the first screen if I set DISPLAY to :0.0. If I leave it on :0.1 I get the following message:

Quote:/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/__init__.py:57: GtkWarning: could not open display
warnings.warn(str(e), _gtk.Warning)
Error: unable to open display :0.1
FEH.py: cannot connect to X server :0.1
Cannot open display.
A few days ago I switched back to Windows 7... but today I installed Kubuntu 11.10 and the current unstable of XBMC (I can't add the stable repository in 11.10 - shows me 404 Not Found on aptitude update).

Kubuntu uses KDE... And KDE has a cool feature: You can modify the properties (i.e. position, size, fullscreen, ...) of a window or an application so a specific window or application will have a defined position and size if I start it.
I tried the same with XBMC: Started XBMC, changed the video mode to windowed and opened the Application specific window modifications (Right click on the title bar) and set the position to 1920,0 (Force), fullscreen to yes (Force).
The result was: XBMC is in fullscreen on the secondary screen witch is the right of my primary 1920 x 1080 screen. And: XBMC starts on the secondary screen in fullscreen mode! Smile