Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Green Vertical Line?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is anyone else getting a green line vertically down the right hand side of their SD recordings and live TV?

I'm not sure when It's occurred, But I cannot seem to get rid of it...I'm using Nvidia 9650GT. This seems to be happening on all my (Australian SDTV channels). Anyone else ?

I'm using 4TR as my backend with latest Margro build.
Can you post a screenshot or anything in order to getting a better understanding of what the problem is?
I am getting a symptom that sounds very much like this, on a Mac with a AMD Radeon HD 6630M.

I just discovered that it only occurs if I'm outputting at 60Hz. If I switch my display settings to output 50Hz the green line doesn't appear. If I take a screenshot, the green line doesn't appear, which suggests that it isn't entirely XBMC's fault (graphics driver, perhaps.) And yet, XBMC is the only application triggering the issue. The line isn't there in any other apps, not even other apps which go fullscreen.
I get this from my tuner I think. It's there on recordings as well, event when watched on a different player or even a different computer. Since more video tends to be jagged around the edges, I have my default video profile set to 1% zoom. Fixes everything and makes for a sharp edge all 'round.
I am also seeing this issue on SD videos (mkv wrapper, h.264 encoding). I am using Eden RC2.

Watching the same video at fullscreen in VLC or WMC does not produce these results. Using Windows 7 64-bit, GeForce 8300 graphics card.

While playing, I can adjust the zoom level (usually from 1.00 to 0.99 and back to 1.00) and the vertical green bar disappears, but the 1px green line at the bottom of the video never goes away.

I love XBMC's media management features, but this playback issue could be a deal breaker.
Can you post a debug log and maybe a picture/video which shows this problem?
Most likely this is something related to gpu. I don't longer have this green line after I changed my graphic card (from nvidia 7300GT to GT220). With my old gpu I had green lines at top and bottom of image, but not every time. With gt220 I don't see it anymore. Maybe some problems with ffmpeg?
Had this issue also, with a Radeon 4600.

It's appearance depended on which view setting I had applied; Stretch 16:9 view mode I think caused it with me. Setting a different view mode for video that was narrower than the 16:9 of my TV solved the issue. I hate seeing black bars of any description. Even if it means watching video which is slightly out of proper aspect, which is how I came across this. Thought it was an issue with my encodes, but it appears not, as watching the same episodes on another system does not produce green bars.
I am still interested in a debug log Smile
h.264 supports cropping. That means that a decoded frame is larger than the actual video. e.g. 1080 has an actual height of 1088. I thought we have fixed this. Might be related, maybe not.

Second is interlaced material in particular SD. The top/bottom lines are disrupted.

There are lots of reasons which can cause this. But as long as I don't have a better understanding about the issue you are reporting, I can't do much.