Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Music Library Export Broken?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For a while I have not been able to export my music library. I use separate file option. Just updated to nightly build for 12-19-2011 but didn't fix it.

Updating my music library works fine, so the path isn't a problem.

No log errors except for a bunch of these, which I think might be unrelated
Code:
09:29:05 T:3976 WARNING: 'xbmcgui.unlock()' is depreciated and serves no purpose anymore, it will be removed in future releases
Did you get the nightly from here or another place?

Reason I ask is that there has not been a new nightly since the 10th.
That's odd. I got the alleged December 19 build from Kricker. Just downloaded the Dec 10th build from xbmc.org but it did not fix the music export. Is it working for you?
I'm also having this problem on 11.0-PRE git builds from this/last week, single file export and individual file export. I don't know when it cropped up first though, because I don't export my music library very often.
Unless someone can find music library export working, I'll create a ticket.
I looked, but since this is such a general problem, most of the old ones probably don't apply. I actually just noticed that this is in the Windows forum, but I've been seeing this on Linux builds (my own builds from git and OpenELEC development builds) recently. I think a recent git build I made yesterday fixed it, but I can't be sure yet.

I'll update here when I know more, but feel free to submit a new ticket if you want.
I can't export my music library too! Windows 7 and Xbmc 11.0 (eden). Also I noticed that if I have an album.nfo in an album folder, xbmc doesn't read it. When I select album info I see nothing and I have to press "refresh" in order to see the album.nfo informations.
I am also not able to export music library : Windows 7 and Eden 11.0.
Trying to export only creates a 1kb musicdb.xml file with the following content:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="true"?>
<musicdb/>

Debug log here: http://pastebin.com/Kx8EB6WK

Sigh!
Same problem on win XBMC ... while on ATV2 it works fine
solution found! I think (on win 7)... it work for me
It is a security problem, try to execute XBMC as ad administrator and everythink goes fine (click with dx mouse button on xbmc icon and execute as administrator)

permanently: rigth click on xbmc icon ->property then Advanced and check execute asadministrator ... ok...ok

I hope goes well for you also

Smile Luca