Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Eden Beta update issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Ned Scott Wrote:Alright, so there seems to be something just flat out breaking when we try to just update/upgrade all packages. I've updated the Wiki instructions to just say

Code:
apt-get update

apt-get install org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2

Which should upgrade only XBMC. ("apt-get update" won't install anything. That just updates the package list, which is what tells the ATV2 where to "get things", for a lack of better words)

good call, as I was already wondering why we were doing an upgrade just to install xbmc

(still checking why upgrade gives such mess currently, could still just be iOS 5 JB hammering)
Seems like this won't help people who are doing a fresh install, as it will still be installing the broken version of whatever XBMC depends on to run. A user in another thread seems to have isolated it to one of three packages and has gotten around it by installing older versions: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=971350

I'm just not sure if this is possible to do if one is doing a brand new jailbreak/install (I think those older copies were saved locally?)
yeah, thing is, do the new packages fail due to issues downloading? (the site being hammered) or because there is something wrong with the latest version of those packages, as we also see people re-jailbreaking and installing without issue.

somebody reading this who just did a recent (1 or 2 days max) new JB and successful XBMC install please do a dpkg -l (thats minus L) and put the output here so we can see which packages got installed
Ned Scott Wrote:Seems like this won't help people who are doing a fresh install, as it will still be installing the broken version of whatever XBMC depends on to run. A user in another thread seems to have isolated it to one of three packages and has gotten around it by installing older versions: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=971350

I'm just not sure if this is possible to do if one is doing a brand new jailbreak/install (I think those older copies were saved locally?)

Is it possible to just wget the old versions from somewhere online and then install them localy ?
I really don't know why I suddenly got Eden on my ATV2 , but it worked somehow... I never got a correct apt-get update or upgrade. There was always something else not working and then I pressed CTRL-C when he was stuck at "replacing xbmc...". There he told me that he was using an old package and then it worked for me...

After that, i tried again with apt-get update and always got this error:

W: Duplicate sources.list entry http://apt.awkwardtv.org stable/main Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/apt.awkwardtv.org_dists_stable_main_binary-iphoneos-arm_Packages)
W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems

I continued running apt-get update but always got this same error. After like 6 times I didn't get any error message and I tried the apt-get update. There I got this:

The following packages have been kept back:
mobilesubstrate

But when I apt-get install org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2, i get:

org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.

So it seems that everything is fine now... Perhaps someone here with more knowledge of SSH could check my post and see if (based on the results like the duplicate awkwardtv source) I should do something else or just let it be for now?!

After all these commands, is there something I should delete now or doesn't all these commands affect the ATV HDD? (apt-get update/upgrade)

Thanks
bdee1 Wrote:Ok so I got the update to run over ssh using the two commands from the bottom portion of the wiki page and now I went to my apple tv and it was sitting at a blank screen. I rebooted it and it came up wit the apple logo and ten went black and just seems to keep rebooting itself every 30 seconds or so.

What's up wit that?? How do I fix that??

try this: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=971...stcount=17
the package you'll find here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CS2LVXZU
As I mentioned in another thread,

mobilesubstrate_0.9.3994_iphoneos-arm.deb has been released and should fix that problem, apt-get update should pickup that latest package
I ended up just re-jailbreaking and starting from scratch. When I left the house this morning i had the new jailbreak and I installed nitoTV and then used nitoTV to install ssh. I have not installed xbmc yet.

So what are the next steps to get eden to successfully install?

I am trying to piece it together from this thread but there seems to be a few different suggestions. I am wondering what the official step by step process is for a fresh jailbreak?
Just install XBMC from NitoTV. It will be Eden.
still getting this when i do apt-get update:
W: Duplicate sources.list entry http://apt.awkwardtv.org stable/main Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/apt.awkwardtv.org_dists_stable_main_binary-iphoneos-arm_Packages)

when i go to "manage" in Nitotv and check for sources, it seems that the awkwardtv is there twice. should i do anything for that or just let it be?

when i do apt-get upgrade I got this:

mobilesubstrate

what can/should i do for that?

thanks
jhonny30 Wrote:still getting this when i do apt-get update:

when i go to "manage" in Nitotv and check for sources, it seems that the awkwardtv is there twice. should i do anything for that or just let it be?

mobilesubstrate

thanks

When I had these problems I just typed apt-get update several times and and it will work after a few times I typed like 10 times before it was fixed.
Is XBMC (eden) still experimental in iOS 5 (4.4 and later)

Currently I'm running 4.2.1 and everything is smooth...but since untethered jb is here I wanna finally get AirPlay mirroring
wow amazed how many people had dramas with this, so glad i didn't see this thread before doing it myself i would have had a heart attack and not bothered.

i didn't have any dramas at all and updated on day one just thru SSH and putty. just used the wiki instructions and was good to go. sorry to hear so many of you having dramas eden is pretty sweet so far, improved menu smoothness alot for me.
i updated through nito tv, and to be honest i don't notice any difference other than the splash screen saying its eden..and a few more selections in the system configuration files. I did get some stuttering until i reset it a few times, but i was getting lag even on the apple tv menu itself...seems to have gone away. all in all i haven't noticed any new features but then again i havent run into any problems since i rebooted a few times either.
jhonny30 Wrote:still getting this when i do apt-get update:

mobilesubstrate

thanks

I've got this every time I've jailbroken and installed. I've found there are two apt source files in /etc/apt/sources.d and removing one of them sorts it. From memory I think one was called awkward and the other awkwardtv
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7