Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Advice and help for 2nd XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

I have been using XBMC for abit over a year I migrated over from TEAM MEDIAPORTAL. First of all I would like to congratulate everyone who developed this wonderful piece of software and all the add-on developers.

My main machine running XBMC was a windows box and all the scrapping was done locally and my media was remotely on my NAS. Everything was running perfect. Well 2 days ago I decided it was time to add another XBMC terminal in my bedroom so decided to get a ATV2.

I want these 2 devices to keep track of my watched folders and store my thumbnails and fan art centrally so I don’t need to scrap it with both of them.

I followed the following and everything was working perfect regarding using a centralized MySQL database. http://lifehacker.com/5634515/how-to-syn...-the-house

I was reading that saving the thumbnails within MySQL wasn’t possible. Apperently some people had some success into centralizing it at least so I have these question to ask.
  • With XBMC Eden 11.0 is it still impossible to store the art within the MySQL DB?
  • Whats the best practice to centralize it? Putting the album art within the Movie folder with the nfo file? If so does anyone have a good link for this procedure?

If anyone could shed some light for this issue I would greatly appreciate it.

Happy Holidays

K
Use these instructions instead: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW..._libraries

This also includes the pathsub modification for thumbnails/fanart.
Thanks for the reply,

So I am trying to get this done and I am stuck with the following error on the xbmc.log

Code:
18:30:31 T:6940 M:1028681728   ERROR: SQL: The table does not exist
                                            Query: select count(1) from musicvideo
18:30:31 T:6940 M:1028681728   ERROR: CVideoDatabase::HasContent failed
18:30:34 T:9868 M:1004322816   ERROR: WEATHER: Unable to get data: Invalid License Key.
18:30:37 T:6940 M:1004085248   ERROR: SQL: The table does not exist
                                            Query: select idMovie from movie join files on files.idFile=movie.idFile where files.idPath=-1
18:30:37 T:6940 M:1004077056   ERROR: CVideoDatabase::GetMovieId (smb://L33TNAS/Movies/21/) failed
18:30:47 T:6940 M:1001951232   ERROR: SQL: The table does not exist
                                            Query: select idMovie from movie join files on files.idFile=movie.idFile where files.idPath=-1
18:30:47 T:6940 M:1001951232   ERROR: CVideoDatabase::GetMovieId (smb://L33TNAS/Movies/21/) failed
18:30:57 T:6940 M:1002536960   ERROR: SQL: The table does not exist
18:30:57 T:6940 M:1002536960   ERROR: CVideoDatabase::GetMovieId (smb://L33TNAS/Movies/21/) failed
18:31:04 T:6940 M:1002725376   ERROR: SQL: The table does not exist

This is my advancesetting values.

Code:
<advancedsettings>
                                              <videodatabase>
                                                <type>mysql</type>
                                                <host>192.168.55.55</host>
                                                <port>3306</port>
                                                <user>xbmc</user>
                                                <pass>xbmc</pass>
                                                <name>xbmc_video</name>
                                              </videodatabase>
                                              <musicdatabase>
                                                <type>mysql</type>
                                                <host>192.168.55.55</host>
                                                <port>3306</port>
                                                <user>xbmc</user>
                                                <pass>xbmc</pass>
                                                <name>xbmc_music</name>
                                              </musicdatabase>
                                              <pathsubstitution>
                                                <substitute>
                                                  <from>special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/</from>
                                                  <to>smb://192.168.55.55/thumbs/</to>
                                                </substitute>
                                              </pathsubstitution>
                                            </advancedsettings>

When I look at MySQL I do see the databases are created.

xbmc_music
xbmc_video

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Well I got it to work on Eden (11.0b1). Is there a reason that it would run on Eden but not on Dharma Stable release.

I am really hoping to get this running on Dharma because my ATV2 is running on Dharma and I preter the stable build then a beta build.

Any information would be great. Thank you,
Well it seems that the watched option is working and resume on another tv but my media art is not working. Sad

I dont see any errors, and i upgraded everything to eden.

Anyone?