Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TVDB won't find swedish description
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have been at the website and checked several shows and they all have swedish descriptions, but I don't get them. I either get english descriptions or none at all. I set the TVDB language to swedish and updated my shows, but it does nothing. Please help.
I swear there was a thread on this a while back but I can't find it for the life of me (or my google-ing skill)

What files are you having trouble with and how are they named?
Kenny Starfighter / Season 1 / 01x01

Just to name one. It's all shows. Some have english and some have nothing, but no shows have swedish like it should be. I piked "sv" in the TVDB settings and updated, but it didn't help.

EDIT: Now the TVDB website s down so I can't try again.
Now it's back up. Is there another way to set the language in TVDB? Maybe in a xml-file?
Hmm, both the english and swedish entry have the exact same title

You could look into creating nfo's to the swedish page
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Imp...TV_Shows_2

Let us know how you get on.
pseudo7 Wrote:Hmm, both the english and swedish entry have the exact same title

You could look into creating nfo's to the swedish page
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Imp...TV_Shows_2

Let us know how you get on.
I don't understand. I'm just supposed to create a text file?
sorry for late responce but had to go to bed, and this response is phone written so may not be the best - but practice makes perfect.

Yep make a text file: using notepad or textedit, make sure it is in plain text mode then but the following text in:
Code:
http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=81864&lid=8
Then save as "tvshow.nfo" and put in the root of the folder. (Remember .nfo extention not .txt)

Hopefully it'll work!

Other than that you could try using one of the supplementary scraping tools, but i've always liked to keep things simple and use xbmc's (which only rarely needs a little pointer) and xbmc's is great anyway!
Thanks for trying, but it didn't help and I don't want to use another scraper. The thing I like about this (compared to IMDB etc.) is thatif a movie is missing I can add it.

Here is a debug logg. Maybe t will help.
http://pastebin.com/4UJaQbjN

I think the problem is that the language setting is broken. I think it searches in english anyway. I can see in the logg that it fetched an english plot, howevere for the entire show not a specific episode.

Look at 10:28:53 T:2516
Why not just export your library and modify the .nfo? That's what I do.
Yeah, i guess it doesn't solve the underlying issue. What version of xbmc are you using?
Try opening
C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\metadata.tvdb.com\settings.xml
and see whether the language setting actually has been set to sv or not.

I had an issue recently where I tried changing a setting for a different scraper within XBMC but it never seemed to "stick", so it could be worth double-checking.
pseudo7 Wrote:Yeah, i guess it doesn't solve the underlying issue. What version of xbmc are you using?
The Eden beta, but this has been an issue since I started using XBMC.

I guess I could edit the nfos. I'll try

EDIT: When I input the plot myself XBMC doesn't display Å, Ä and Ö. It's also alot of work to do it by hand.
scudlee Wrote:Try opening
C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\metadata.tvdb.com\settings.xml
and see whether the language setting actually has been set to sv or not.

I had an issue recently where I tried changing a setting for a different scraper within XBMC but it never seemed to "stick", so it could be worth double-checking.
Didn't find that file, however I found this.

C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\metadata.tvdb.com\resources\settings.xml\

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<settings>
<setting label="30000" type="bool" id="dvdorder" default="false" enable="!eq(1,true)" />
<setting label="30001" type="bool" id="absolutenumber" default="false" enable="!eq(-1,true)" />
<setting type="sep" />
<setting label="30002" type="bool" id="fanart" default="true" />
<setting label="30003" type="bool" id="posters" default="false" />
<setting type="sep" />
<setting label="30004" type="labelenum" id="language" values="da|fi|nl|de|it|es|fr|pl|hu|el|tr|ru|he|ja|pt|zh|cs|sl|hr|ko|en|sv|no" sort="yes" default="en" />
</settings>

I tried changing default to sv, but it didn't help.
Sorry dude, am out of suggestions but i will be watching this thread with interest
pseudo7 Wrote:Sorry dude, am out of suggestions but i will be watching this thread with interest
Okay. Sad Thanks for your help.
Pages: 1 2