Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [ATV2]setting up static IP address on ATV2?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
was wondering if anyone knows how i can go about setting up a static IP for my ATV2, which is needed for my sickbeard and couchpototato sending notifications, would help greatly so i dont have to keep changing it.

is it something i can setup on the ATV2 or do i have to go thru and do it from my router some way?
use frontrow to set that up but you better sync with your router, nothing is worse than two devices with the same ip on the same subnet.
davilla Wrote:use frontrow to set that up but you better sync with your router, nothing is worse than two devices with the same ip on the same subnet.

yeah i've been looking thru my router but theres no way to assign a mac address to always have the same IP address thru DHCP on my router Sad

i've just set the ATV2 network settings up manually to 192.168.20.101 which is what my router says my ATV2 is, so hopefully it will always stay as that in my router.

what is frontrow?
frontrow is the native gui you see on the appletv.
davilla Wrote:frontrow is the native gui you see on the appletv.

ah yep thought so cool thanks, yep set it up manually thru there lets hope it stays that way now cheers Smile