Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Yeah, sounds great! Smile
Unfortunately, the page is gone for me.
"We're sorry, but we can't find what you're looking for."..

Did they ban you? I couldn't find Play It via search neither.
(2013-05-31, 20:59)ajay Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-05-31, 19:09)thebearnecessit Wrote: [ -> ]Great news! I just got 2.6.2 but it only works if i have the "frame view button" option enables and i use the blue button to send he video. disabling the "frame view button" option means that when i click on the icon in the toolbar i get no responce whatsoever on either screen.

any ideas? is there a log i can get and post up here?

It should work, I tested it multiple times on MAC OSX with Chrome Version 27.0.1453.93. Are you sure, you pressed save button on options after in unchecked visible box.
When you press playit button make sure your tab toolbar has a URL. Does it display notification on button click and does xbmc display any acknowledge the request??

yes i pressed save, the toolbat has a url and there is no notification displyed in chrome or xbmc when the icon is pressed.

to test the problem i went straight to the settings and revered the tick box. then on the exact same video i was able to send the video to xbmc using the big blue play button.

would an xbmc log help?
(2013-06-01, 10:51)OlliLaukkanen Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, sounds great! Smile
Unfortunately, the page is gone for me.
"We're sorry, but we can't find what you're looking for."..

Did they ban you? I couldn't find Play It via search neither.

Yes, they rejected approval due to some warnings. I have submitted another version after fixing warnings. It should be published this time.
(2013-06-01, 11:45)thebearnecessit Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-05-31, 20:59)ajay Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-05-31, 19:09)thebearnecessit Wrote: [ -> ]Great news! I just got 2.6.2 but it only works if i have the "frame view button" option enables and i use the blue button to send he video. disabling the "frame view button" option means that when i click on the icon in the toolbar i get no responce whatsoever on either screen.

any ideas? is there a log i can get and post up here?

It should work, I tested it multiple times on MAC OSX with Chrome Version 27.0.1453.93. Are you sure, you pressed save button on options after in unchecked visible box.
When you press playit button make sure your tab toolbar has a URL. Does it display notification on button click and does xbmc display any acknowledge the request??

yes i pressed save, the toolbat has a url and there is no notification displyed in chrome or xbmc when the icon is pressed.

to test the problem i went straight to the settings and revered the tick box. then on the exact same video i was able to send the video to xbmc using the big blue play button.

would an xbmc log help?

The options were not getting saved earlier in version 2.6.2 and 2.6.3 on first click of Save button. I have made the fixes in version 2.6.4, you will shortly get update and it should work thereafter.
Im afraid I still have the same issue. I have version 2.6.5 now and just can't get the toolbar button to work directly. when i make the frame view button visable it offers me the big blue button and the big green button and they both work great.

when i untick the frame view button and save, i just get no reaction whatsoever when i try the toolbar playit button. no reaction in my chrome browser or on screen in xbmc. whenever i change the setting and click save, i AM getting the confirmation notification telling me ot has beens aved.
(2013-06-01, 22:58)thebearnecessit Wrote: [ -> ]Im afraid I still have the same issue. I have version 2.6.5 now and just can't get the toolbar button to work directly. when i make the frame view button visable it offers me the big blue button and the big green button and they both work great.

when i untick the frame view button and save, i just get no reaction whatsoever when i try the toolbar playit button. no reaction in my chrome browser or on screen in xbmc. whenever i change the setting and click save, i AM getting the confirmation notification telling me ot has beens aved.

Could you please share the version of OS and chrome browser. Looks like some compatibility issue. works fine for me on OS X chrome version.

Can you also try to pull error for me using following steps:
From Chrome -> Window menu -> Open Extensions page. -> check Developer Mode -> click on Inspect views: _generated_background_page.html under PlayIt -> A window will be open like shown in image below.

Thereafter click on Console, now perform same steps to play any URL. If you see any errors printed under Console, please share.

Thanks !

Edited:: No updates, looks like it is working fine for you now.
Exclusive update for Chrome extension users (requested by user: Johnsel) :

PlayIt updated to provide integration in www.SoundCloud.com. Preview is provided below, I hope the PlayIt button is not that hard to find Smile

To use, please make sure PlayIt service add-on version is 0.3.7 and the PlayIt Chrome Extension version is 2.6.7. The updates are published, usually it will be installed automatically but if not run application specific update check manually.

Please provide feedback and rating to my add-on or Chrome extension on chrome web store to help me put new features in it.
Soundcloud working like a dream. Immense possibilities in the future now.

May I add http://ww.smashits.com/ to the wishlist.
(2013-06-02, 04:17)ajay Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-06-01, 22:58)thebearnecessit Wrote: [ -> ]Im afraid I still have the same issue. I have version 2.6.5 now and just can't get the toolbar button to work directly. when i make the frame view button visable it offers me the big blue button and the big green button and they both work great.

Could you please share the version of OS and chrome browser. Looks like some compatibility issue. works fine for me on OS X chrome version.

Can you also try to pull error for me using following steps:
From Chrome -> Window menu -> Open Extensions page. -> check Developer Mode -> click on Inspect views: _generated_background_page.html under PlayIt -> A window will be open like shown in image below.

Thereafter click on Console, now perform same steps to play any URL. If you see any errors printed under Console, please share.

Thanks !

Edited:: No updates, looks like it is working fine for you now.

sorry ive not been back on here in a while, i'll get the info requested and get back to you. appreciate your help Smile
hey, ajay. first great work! is it possible to support the site twitch.tv?
Hi Ajay

Please could you bring back IP and Port change on firefox toolbarbutton right click, its easier than changing from addons as every now and then my ip changes.

Also incorporate the PlayIt and PlayIt Frame view into one toolbar button as it shows as 2 toolbarbuttons firefox.

Hope to hear from you!

Thanks
(2013-06-13, 00:01)coolstud Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Ajay

Please could you bring back IP and Port change on firefox toolbarbutton right click, its easier than changing from addons as every now and then my ip changes.

Also incorporate the PlayIt and PlayIt Frame view into one toolbar button as it shows as 2 toolbarbuttons firefox.

Hope to hear from you!

Thanks

The addon IP and Port is still configurable in Firefox addon through Preferences button when you open Firefox addons page of browser.
Thanks for the reply Ajay,

What I meant was that it takes less clicks to change from the toolbarbutton than going from addons scrolling through 50 addons just to change IP and Port when it was easier to change the old way.

The Chrome extension is alot better than firefox as all the features are integrated into 1 toolbarbutton.

I just feel the old addon was better with only an implementation of saving the IP and Port was missing when right clicking the toolbarbutton.
(2013-06-13, 04:03)coolstud Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the reply Ajay,

What I meant was that it takes less clicks to change from the toolbarbutton than going from addons scrolling through 50 addons just to change IP and Port when it was easier to change the old way.

The Chrome extension is alot better than firefox as all the features are integrated into 1 toolbarbutton.

I just feel the old addon was better with only an implementation of saving the IP and Port was missing when right clicking the toolbarbutton.

Ok. Got it.. I see what you mean. See I need feedback to make it better. I will do the changes.

(2013-06-12, 20:25)mujunk Wrote: [ -> ]Soundcloud working like a dream. Immense possibilities in the future now.

May I add http://ww.smashits.com/ to the wishlist.

I wish the same thing can be done on all websites but my friend I am afraid to say that its complicated. You know most of the song streaming websites are using encrypted streaming. The smashits.com is using Saavn songs, and Saavn has not shared any API and I checked they are using encrypted song streaming.

We are lucky that soundcloud has provided API to get mp3 song and we pushed it to XBMC player.

For now, you can use soundcloud or youtube (youtube has very big official library of good bollywood songs). I use YouTube PlayList and then push it to XBMC using playit.
(2013-06-13, 00:00)mezo Wrote: [ -> ]hey, ajay. first great work! is it possible to support the site twitch.tv?

I think I can make it work but this will required installation of twitch.tv add-on. Because I see lots of code is needed to get video URL and as it is already provided in an existing add-on twitch.tv, I can use it to play your request video URL passed through playIt.

have you tried twitch.tv addon of XBMC, does it work?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31