Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Is it possible to have a single movie in multiple formats?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been using XBMC for a couple of months now, so I can't claim to be an expert. Here is what I want to do: I have many movies in multiple formats, that is, the same film in both DVD and Bluray. Is there any way to have the film show up in the listing (say the Showcase) only once but be able to select which format version to watch?

If not, I suppose one solution is to simply have it entered in the database twice, once for each format.
Only way presently, is to have it listed multiple times in the library, or you could use the movie sets tag with nfo files so it would appear as a single entry in your main library view and when you go into the movie set it would show the multiple versions.
Why bother keeping a DVD version when you have a Bluray one?
Hitcher Wrote:Why bother keeping a DVD version when you have a Bluray one?

Hitcher..you always try to use common sense...it's like putting in a VCR tape when you have a DVD. I thought about it a second and figured maybe he has other devices that use the library that can't handle Bluray like an Xbox 360 or maybe another XBMC system with low specs or a wireless network.
Also, DVD and Bluray (and even different version of each) sometimes have different versions of the movie (director's cut, etc). Depends on how anal you are about such things.
As it stands what gabbott suggests is the best option, using "Sets" is the closest your get at the moment to what you want this is what I use for director's cut etc you don't have to use nfos you can use XWMM but obviously both movies must be in your library first if you use XWMM

Unfortunately if your a user of playlists this doesn't work as well in Pre Eden because it doesn't allow sets in playlists Angry