Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Screen going to sleep after 10 minutes when using emulators.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wonder if anyone could help me. I've successfully configured Launcher to run a SNES, Genesis and NES emulator. As far as the emulators are concerned, everything is just about perfect.

My problem is, after exactly 10 minutes of any emulator running, the screen goes off. I've tried searching through the forum and have found similar problems but they are all old posts and no one seemed to have a definitive answer.

My Setup is:

Acer Revo 3700 running XBMC Live 10.1 with an MCE Remote and an XBOX gamepad.

I've disabled the XBMC power saving and screen saver. Also on a suggestion in an old thread (can't find exact thread now) I messed around with turning DPMS off but this either did not work or I was doing it wrong. I have also configured Rom Collection Browser to launch the emulators. This is designed for this exact application (emulation) but gives the same result, display sleeps after 10 minutes.

I also read that disabling fluxbox? will cure it, but also read elsewhere that XBMC requires it for certain functionality.

Does anyone have any suggestions or have encountered this also?
I just realised I never included a link to my log.

However, I have solved the issue by doing a fresh install of XBMC Live and copying across a fairly clean xorg.conf file with DPMS off and blank 0 in what I assume are the correct places. I've no idea if this xorg.conf is actually required or a fresh install solved the issue and as it works perfectly now I'm not going to mess on with those setting any longer Smile

One thing that is different now though is that the xbox controller does not control the XBMC menu system but works in emulators fine. Previously, the controller would control the menu's aswell. TBH I prefer it not controlling the menus so this is another + for me.

Anyway the issue is resolved now and I've wrote all the steps down I did to get my Revo 3700 working the way it is, if anyone is struggling with their Revo let me know. I may even do a write up if I get the time, I'm sure it could help somebody. One thing to note is any streaming video with 22050khz has high pitched audio, but I'll take that to another thread Smile
I have a setup up almost identical to yours - Acer Revo 3700 running XBMC Live 10.1 with an MCE Remote..... only I use a bluetooth Dualshock3 PS3 controller (which I spent half of yesterday pulling my hair out trying to set up!!).

I also have the 'sleep after 10 mins' issue which I haven't managed to resolve. I reported it in my thread here. The forum member 'Aemstel' was brilliant in guiding me through some sound issues and he also suggested adding some lines to xorg.conf to repair my 'sleep' issue. It didn't work however.... but I'm guessing this is because my xorg.conf file, when viewed in Notepad, is all over the place!! It's really difficult to know exactly where to paste the lines.

Would you be able to paste the contents of your xorg.conf into this thread please?

Thanks
Ah no worries actually. I've managed to get the edits working from the thread I mentioned in my previous post. It wasn't working before because I had FTP'd to the file and tried to modify it using Notepad (which, as I say, makes the config file appear all over the place). The method which worked in the end was SSL-ing in and using PICO to edit XORG.CONF from the terminal. This way the file appears much neater and it is clear where to add the lines.
Sorry I never replied but at least you sorted it out Smile I actually use Notepad++ from within windows to edit xbmc owned files as they appear fine, then upload them via FTP and for root ones, I also like you (I assume you meant SSH not SSL ?), SSH into the Revo and then use sudo nano (filename) to edit those ones.

I'm at work at the moment, but I'll upload my xorg.conf for you to compare when I get home later, just to see what we have different ?

EDIT:

Here is my xorg.conf. I think there are quite a few un-needed entries, but everything works now so I'm not complaining Smile

http://pastebin.com/CL4h42JS
Thanks for getting back to Norms (I've only just noticed the update so sorry for my delay)