Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Library not updating
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good day to all.

Hopefully I'm not rehashing anything here, but I've searched the forum and the wiki and can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Part of my problem is I'm not sure exactly what everything is called. I have just finished installing Eden, but my problem stems from before this. When I update my library, right-click and update library, I keep getting the error "can't connect to remote server". It asks if I want to continue scanning, yes or no, saying yes doesn't seem to help as all it does is give me the error again and the same choice. So, under Movies or TV Shows, from the home screen, I'm not updating. But, when I go into Videos, then into either Movies or TV Shows, all of my shows and movies are there. I've checked my naming conventions, and while not perfect, there doesn't seem to be a pattern there as some that are named correctly aren't showing up while some that are named incorrectly are there. I realize that this is a small inconvenience, but it was working not too long ago, and I haven't changed anything. Hopefully this is a small setting somewhere that I am missing, but I would really like some help here. Thanks in advance.
it's a known problem in eden.

go to firewall settings and enable xbmc to communicate over public networks that should do the trick.

Dharma for some reason did't have that "problem".
Install the You Tube add-on and try again.
That seemed to work. Thanks Ned.
Thanks Ned, sorted out my problem too. Well that and the naming conventions I had given to some shows folders didn't like being scraped through.