Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Eden Beta on Ubuntu 11.10 - anyone yet?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Happy New Year 2012!!

Is anyone successfully running Eden: Beta on Ubuntu 11.10 yet? I'm trying now (XBMCbuntu) but can't get it running at all. Installing xbmc-live script failed and now I always get this:

Code:
dpkg: error processing xbmc-live (--configure):
subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 2
Errors were encountered while processing:
xbmc-live
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Has anyone seen this before or know what am I missing? Cheers!!
Looks like the problem is not with Ubuntu 11.10 or Eden Beta. Tried Eden on 11.04 and had the same problem. I installed nvidia driver (v290.10.x) from X-Updates repository. Did anyone see the same problem? Cheers!!
Sorry to bring up this issue again: I'm still having problem running Eden bata1 on Ubintu 11.10. Is it working for anyone? What nVidia graphics driver you guys are using? Cheers!!
yep, got it running without any issues on 11.10, well, when i say issues, i mean no issue that i already didn't have in dharma
nothing really to say, apart from i had issues getting it to pick up the beta rather than dharma, once i'd got eden down there was nothng to it.
thanks Alan!
So did you install Eden beta from the unstable PPA? Cheers!!
No problems here. I was running Dharma on Karmic and upgraded the system to Oneiric and Eden. Ubuntu upgrade went according to the instructions on Ubuntu pages. I think it went quicker and less painfully as what I have experiences from a fresh install. After each upgrade (lucid, maverick, natty) I had updated the apt sources and got a working xbmc until I had the change to continue.

Someone said you should change to default skin before upgrading, but I forgot to do that (still worked fine). After the upgrade I still got XBMC up without adding the latest NVidia drivers, but it was unusable. After I added the source for NVidia and installed nvidia-current, the system came up without a problem. To get mp3's working there was another post somewhere to install additional apt package. Unfortunately the instructions to get a jitter free playback don't apply to oneiric, but I'm happy with the current performance.

custom apt-get sources:
mario-sitz-ppa
team-xbmc-unstable
ubuntu-x-swat-x-updates

I read all stories here what you should do to get XBMC to start automatically. For me I didn't need to change anything to get it started... Since I wanted to have my system as close to a fresh install as possible, I actually went and removed xbmc via apt-get and reinstallled, applied the autostart etc. But I'm unsure if this was necessary.
My original installation was I guess XBMCbuntu or at least close to it.
Btw. I don't know if you still need xbmc-live, or if it's even compatible.