Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: how can i add?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi guys
i have a HTPC with 2 HD on the mobo
in the first HD there is XBMC live and in the second HD there is my archive of music.
Now i dont understand how can i add my 2° HD on XBMC live? i dont see it in my add music source.
the version of XBMC live is the 10.1
the system operation of HTPC was XP pro and successfully i have installed XBMC live
Can you help me?

thanks a lot
Unlike standard Ubuntu, XBMC Live doesn't seem to automatically scan for and mount partitions other than the one that XBMC Live is installed on.

Here's a random old discussion I just found via google: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=79238
ok
now is it better install XBMC on ubuntu then xbmc live?
I installed XBMC Live 10.1 recently because it touted tighter integration with the OS, but I'm not sure if it's really true or not. I figured it would be a better way to go for getting community support, though.

One tradeoff is that XBMC Live 10.1 is based on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS, and several non-LTS Ubuntu versions have been released since (10.10, 11.04, 11.10). You may therefore get more features by installing XBMC over a newer Ubuntu build, but possibly at the expense of some stability.