Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Centos6 and XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello i'm trying to install xbmc in centos 6, however even after i imported the RHL6 repos ( http://rpmfusion.org/Configuration ) , yum still cannot find the distribution

# yum install xbmc
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, priorities, refresh-packagekit
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
* base: centosh2.centos.org
* elrepo: mirrors.coreix.net
* epel: ftp-stud.hs-esslingen.de
* extras: centosg4.centos.org
* rpmforge: ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de
* rpmfusion-free-updates: ftp-stud.hs-esslingen.de
* rpmfusion-free-updates-testing: ftp-stud.hs-esslingen.de
* rpmfusion-nonfree-updates: ftp-stud.hs-esslingen.de
* rpmfusion-nonfree-updates-testing: ftp-stud.hs-esslingen.de
* updates: centosr3.centos.org
Setting up Install Process
No package xbmc available.
Error: Nothing to do

Eek

Has anyone managed to install this on centos 6 ? Got any guides ?
compile from source
ok i will try
atomsk Wrote:ok i will try

You're in for quite a task I think. I have built XBMC as an rpm on CentOS 6 but there are a large number of prerequisite packages that are required too. I downloaded the various SRPMs from I think Fedora 12 to 15 found via google search. I ended up with

Code:
ffmpeg.spec          hdhomerun.spec     libnut.spec               opencore-amr.spec  xavs.spec
fftw.spec            libass.spec        libvpx.spec               rtmpdump.spec      xbmc.spec
frei0r-plugins.spec  libcrystalhd.spec  lirc.spec                 vlc.spec
gavl.spec            libgdither.spec    msttcorefonts-2.0-1.spec  x264.spec

I also built vlc to try to use it as an alternate media player so some of those spec files may have been required for that and not for xbmc.

I'd be willing to share my rpms but I do not have any place to allow for download.
actually i got it running just fine by compiling from source ..however i skipped the part were it said something about remote control configuration file and now that i want to install a ps3 remote i'm not sure if i'll face issues or not Huh I hope i won't have to do this from scratch Eek
Good news: I finished packaging xbmc for CentOS 6 today (https://bugzilla.rpmfusion.org/2339). You can now download it from RPM Fusion.