Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Discontinued] NHL Gamecenter Addon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Love that this exists and works on my OpenELEC raspberry pi. Now just gotta install it on my Pivos XIOS.
Ok, so I'm having troubles with the add-on with my Pivos on Linux (nightly). I've seen people say it works on the Pivos, and I've seen some comments about it generating the gamecenter.py script error, but aside from upgrading to the nightly, I haven't seen anything saying how to fix it otherwise. Anyone got any ideas? I've never generated a log so if that's helpful, and someone can point me in the right direction, I can try to post it.
I am unable to access gamecenter , it won't accept my username and password. Keep getting the message; ' please check login credentials'. I try to login on nhl Game Center website and it work. It isn't working on atv2 and Mac osx. I tried to change my gamecenter password, still same problem.
EDIT: Reinstal XBMC and still same problem.
(2013-10-02, 04:15)ktrdsl23 Wrote: [ -> ]XBMC crashes for me after I bring a game up and then try and do anything (stop, esc.) however if I just watch the game I pulled up it works perfectly. The video quality is amazing (not sure if I'm on 4500kbps or Best) but it is HD and very fluid.

Is Best the same as 4500 kbps? Also any ideas what could be causing XBMC to crash? Thanks.

XBMC should not crash because of a python addon. I have no idea why it does for some people.
Best and 4500 kbps are currently the same.

(2013-10-04, 22:54)captainnapalm Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, so I'm having troubles with the add-on with my Pivos on Linux (nightly). I've seen people say it works on the Pivos, and I've seen some comments about it generating the gamecenter.py script error, but aside from upgrading to the nightly, I haven't seen anything saying how to fix it otherwise. Anyone got any ideas? I've never generated a log so if that's helpful, and someone can point me in the right direction, I can try to post it.

This page shows you how to get the log file:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Log_file

(2013-10-05, 01:11)cuco29 Wrote: [ -> ]I am unable to access gamecenter , it won't accept my username and password. Keep getting the message; ' please check login credentials'. I try to login on nhl Game Center website and it work. It isn't working on atv2 and Mac osx. I tried to change my gamecenter password, still same problem.
EDIT: Reinstal XBMC and still same problem.

Did you renew your Gamecenter Live subscription? Does the login work on the official Gamecenter app on the ATV2?
I'm experiencing the same issue as cuco.. I'm able to log into the NHL GameCenter website and use the GameCenter app on my phone just fine, but can't seem to get my credentials to work in-addon..
I too am having problems with the plugin. Keeps buffering, regardless of the quality i select. Plays fine through the browser (but I don't have the 4500kbps option Sad ).
There is nothing you can do about the buffering if you're absolutely sure that there is no bandwith problem on your end. It's likely that it's caused by a high server load.

@cuco29 and MazdaDriver5
You need to use your username in the add-on and not the email address.
I have used both username and e-mail to no avail.. It's very strange. I can access using either e-mail or username on any other device in my house(5+!) except I get a login issue here. I have looked through the settings.xml file and have used the exact login info that is in the xml file to login to GameCenter elsewhere. Very confused.. Any info you can shed on this would be great Smile
Try clicking on the "default" button in the add-on settings and enter your username and password again. If that doesn't help, try changing your username on https://account.nhl.com/registeredfanlogin.htm. If it still doesn't work post a debug log.
Just wanted to post a thank you.. this addon is awesome, just signed up for gamecenter and the addon works perfect, couldn't ask for betterSmile
(2013-10-06, 13:59)Carb0 Wrote: [ -> ]There is nothing you can do about the buffering if you're absolutely sure that there is no bandwith problem on your end. It's likely that it's caused by a high server load.

yes, I agree. What surprised me (and prompted my post) was the fact that it was only buffering when using the xbmc addon. Not when I watched via the web browser. I will investigate more today.

Great addon btw! Love it.
Just wanted to post what may be a bug... I was watching calgary/canucks on my xbmc machine.. but had switched to a browser on my laptop so i could use my big screen for some shows.. calgary just tied it up with 17 seconds left or whatever, i go to switch back to xbmc machine and it says the game is over and wont try to connect, but in a normal browser, no problem. Anyway to adjust the ending time of games?
oh,way to spoil the game for me icetech!! Smile
(2013-10-07, 12:19)kaczor47 Wrote: [ -> ]oh,way to spoil the game for me icetech!! Smile

sorry bout thatSad didnt even think of it
(2013-10-07, 02:31)kaczor47 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-06, 13:59)Carb0 Wrote: [ -> ]There is nothing you can do about the buffering if you're absolutely sure that there is no bandwith problem on your end. It's likely that it's caused by a high server load.

yes, I agree. What surprised me (and prompted my post) was the fact that it was only buffering when using the xbmc addon. Not when I watched via the web browser. I will investigate more today.

Great addon btw! Love it.

The add-on and the website use different protocols and probably different servers. The official Gamecenter apps that are available use the same streams as the add-on.

(2013-10-07, 04:45)icetech Wrote: [ -> ]Just wanted to post what may be a bug... I was watching calgary/canucks on my xbmc machine.. but had switched to a browser on my laptop so i could use my big screen for some shows.. calgary just tied it up with 17 seconds left or whatever, i go to switch back to xbmc machine and it says the game is over and wont try to connect, but in a normal browser, no problem. Anyway to adjust the ending time of games?

PM me your live.xml if you didn't go into the live section since then (this is important, I can't check if it's really a bug if live.xml has been updated). The file is in the addon folder. Maybe it was just a mistake by the NHL but if it should happen again, quit XBMC and PM me your live.xml.