Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Discontinued] NHL Gamecenter Addon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just to be clear: I don't need a log to fix the live streams, I need a file called live.xml. It's located in the add-on folder. I only need a debug log if the add-on crashes.
When I attempted to watch yesterday it would fail. I would get the spinning 'working' thingy, and they be dumped back to the game list. So, my adddon is not crashing and there are no log files or error reports that can help. Correct?
Yes, the log file probably doesn't help much. But If you could upload your live.xml file from last night that would help.
Will do
Some streams, notably the EST games last night, began including an #EXT-X-KEY:METHOD=AES-128,URI=http://path/to/authorization in the m3u8. The files to be streamed have been encrypted with AES-128, and the key to decrypt them is located in the URI=. The live.xml looks otherwise identical to any other night - still the same stream URLs.

I took a look within some of my checked out xbmc copies - my repo for eden doesn't have a newer ffmpeg, but my repo which includes up to tag Gotham_alpha6 does:
lib/ffmpeg/libavformat/hls.c
253: } else if (av_strstart(line, "#EXT-X-KEY:", &ptr)) {
Is the fact that I am still able to watch condensed games mean much? Or are they not encrypted?
Has anyone looked at the code the NFL gamepass plugin uses? Apparently they use an encrypted URL for live games and it's the same tech company behind both (netlion?)

https://github.com/Alexqw/xbmc-gamepass

Only thing was that XBMC has to be Gotham for the right libraries
Here's my live.xml from last night

https://db.tt/FCirYCVc

Hope it helps.
This sucks, this add-on was the only reason I chose GCL over hockeystreams in the first place. Huge props to Carb0 once again. Watching GCL in the browser makes my eyes and head hurt, no way that's even 30 fps, more like 20, and the PS3 app which offers a crystal clear picture and smooth 60 fps has this annoying frame rate drop bug that occurs every 20-30 seconds, and they refuse to fix it claiming it's not their fault. Great start to the season. I wonder if there's a way for me to cancel, the official 5 days cancellation period is over.
Danny2k how about waiting for carb0 to take a look. You want a fix faster maybe offer to throw a donation towards his way and buy him some coffee or a coke. He does this for free and is nice enough to share with you.
bry I do agree, I wasn't criticizing or trying to rush him dude Wink Quite the opposite, it's annoying how ONE guy doing this for free in his spare time does a better job at it than the people that are actually collecting a boatload of money for it, just venting my frustration about them.
I have no technical knowledge to help out but if any help with testing and posting logs or whatever is necessary I'm available.
link removed

Ok that's the url I get from Firefox's download helper, I don't see any key there. And of couse it chops the stream into thousands of little pieces
Carb0 - how do we toss a few bucks your way to show our appreciation for past (and future) time/energy spent?

Used your add on tons last year, it was great.
Guys, a few things:
- Please, don't post links to streams in this thread.
- I don't want any donations.
- Don't expect live games to work again.
- The videoplayback was better than in some of the official apps because XBMC is a great videoplayer, not because I have mad coding skills.
(2013-10-09, 23:13)Carb0 Wrote: [ -> ]Guys, a few things:
- Please, don't post links to streams in this thread.
- I don't want any donations.
- Don't expect live games to work again.
- The videoplayback was better than in some of the official apps because XBMC is a great videoplayer, not because I have mad coding skills.

Carb0 try changing the User Agent for the XBMC player that it sends whenever trying to play the file. I believe they recently blocked the XBMC UA and VLC UA. I only tend to think this because these .m3u8 files work in mobile browsers. So I would suggest trying a mobile UA first, that or a Mac Quicktime UA since these .m3u8 links work on a Mac through Quicktime.