Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Discontinued] NHL Gamecenter Addon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can't find a solid answer in this thread. With the latest version 0.5.5, is there something extra you need to do for live games? I see all this talk about Fiddler and proxy servers. What is the current steps to get live games working in 0.5.5.
(2013-10-16, 02:47)goyney Wrote: [ -> ]I can't find a solid answer in this thread. With the latest version 0.5.5, is there something extra you need to do for live games? I see all this talk about Fiddler and proxy servers. What is the current steps to get live games working in 0.5.5.

As far as I know it's all good unless you're running on Windows (though I may be wrong about Windows, I tend to skip over that stuff). I am using it without issue on a raspberry pi running raspbmc, and I've read that others are having success with OSX and Ubuntubmc.
(2013-10-16, 03:28)webbtj Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-16, 02:47)goyney Wrote: [ -> ]I can't find a solid answer in this thread. With the latest version 0.5.5, is there something extra you need to do for live games? I see all this talk about Fiddler and proxy servers. What is the current steps to get live games working in 0.5.5.

As far as I know it's all good unless you're running on Windows (though I may be wrong about Windows, I tend to skip over that stuff). I am using it without issue on a raspberry pi running raspbmc, and I've read that others are having success with OSX and Ubuntubmc.

I am on Windows 7.
I know this is off topic so feel free to redirect me to the right place, but does anyone have any experience in watching different streams from different devices (different ips) at the same time? I'm a habs fan, Mrs. Is a leafs fan.

(2013-10-16, 03:34)goyney Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-16, 03:28)webbtj Wrote: [ -> ]

I am on Windows 7.
Then I think you'll have a bit of extra work to do setting up a proxy and what not, I would say to re read through the last 3 or 4 pages on this thread, it should all be covered there.
(2013-10-16, 03:46)webbtj Wrote: [ -> ]I know this is off topic so feel free to redirect me to the right place, but does anyone have any experience in watching different streams from different devices (different ips) at the same time? I'm a habs fan, Mrs. Is a leafs fan.

Though it's against the NHL GCL terms of service, I've had no problems watching on both XBMC and browser at the same time, as well as PS3 and browser. The only time I've had an issue is two browser seperate sessions -> doesn't work
Is there any chance that you can upgrade the xbmc.python dependency to something higher than 1.0? 1.0 is beyond deprecated and folks on the bleeding-edge have plugins failing left and right for 'dependency not met'

I just flipped the dependency to 2.1 in addon.xml and it seems to be running fine. See: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1527263

edit: corrected filename
edit: added link to python API bump announcement.
I did not get a chance to look at this last night. Hopefully will tonight.
Something has changed - I can't stream through NHL GCL through the old method anymore and my roku isn't connecting anymore.

As far as I can see in the m3u8 file it now has two Key Checks.
(2013-10-17, 02:46)Hyperium Wrote: [ -> ]Something has changed - I can't stream through NHL GCL through the old method anymore and my roku isn't connecting anymore.

Roku down too? Is that a supported app?
(2013-10-17, 03:11)Furner Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-17, 02:46)Hyperium Wrote: [ -> ]Something has changed - I can't stream through NHL GCL through the old method anymore and my roku isn't connecting anymore.

for what its worth, my Roku works fine, live, condensed, archive. (yes, supported)
Same with my PS3. And my Android. Working.
Just not my favorite screen. ;-)
XBMC still working for me using proxy method. Can't access Condensed/Archive/Classic but I don't care about those Smile
(2013-10-17, 03:34)dazed Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-17, 03:11)Furner Wrote: [ -> ]

for what its worth, my Roku works fine, live, condensed, archive. (yes, supported)
Same with my PS3. And my Android. Working.
Just not my favorite screen. ;-)

It looks like it was a temporarily problem during the first perioid.
Would like to confirm both games tonight are working on my pivos Linux xbmc machine.

However the feed select (home or away) is quite slow in loading. Something does appear to have changed, however as hyperium suggested there may just be issues on the neulion side (nothing new with issues on their streams)
Everything worked for me tonight but sadly with my parents visiting I did not have any opportunity to write code/debug.
(2013-10-17, 04:12)kabakaylen Wrote: [ -> ]Would like to confirm both games tonight are working on my pivos Linux xbmc machine.

However the feed select (home or away) is quite slow in loading. Something does appear to have changed, however as hyperium suggested there may just be issues on the neulion side (nothing new with issues on their streams)

The code is doing quite a bit of work, including 4 network calls, and 4 disk writes, prior to loading that dialog. This is normal. Hopefully the fix to XBMC will eliminate the need for any of those calls.

Anyone running Windows that now has version 0.5.5 and can't watch live games, here is the full workaround:

Download this file and replace the one in the C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.nhl-gamecenter directory:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vdgntds58rljrja/gamecenter.py

Then, download Fiddler and Proxifier (Google both). Open Fiddler, click Rules -> User Agent -> Custom. Paste: AppleTV/2.4

Then open Proxifier. Click Profile -> Proxy Servers. Click Add and enter localhost for the host and port 8888. Select HTTP. Click OK.

Click Profile -> Proxification Rules. Click Add. Name it Fiddler. Click Browse under Application. Browse to Program Files (x86) -> Fiddler2 -> Fiddler.exe. Under Action, select Direct. Click OK.

That's it! Both programs have to be left open while you watch live games.