Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Discontinued] NHL Gamecenter Addon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You can install xbmc 13 on raspbmc through nightly builds. (Programs->Raspbmc Settings->Nightly Build Configuration->Install XBMC nightly build)

to update gamecenter plugin file manualy you'd have to ftp to Pi and copy it to /home/pi/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.nhl-gamecenter/
I have been using this add on dating back to last season and it is fantastic, so thanks to Carb0 and others for all their hard work they have put into this addon!

I have been struggling for a while to get this addon to work on my windows 7 64 bit machine. Before the lastest problems started with the add-on on the 18th, I would just revert back to the Frodo version and everything was great. But it looks like to use the latest workaround and get the add on functioning again requires that I upgrade to Gotham. I am hoping that someone might be able to offer some assistance on how to get past the incompatible message I get when I go to the addon. Below are the steps I have taken to upgrade XBMC and then to add Carb0's repository.

Here is what I have done on the Windows 7 machine:

1. Downloaded the most recent copy of the add-on version 0.5.6.
2. Uninstall version of XBMC running Frodo
3. Install version of XBMC running Gotham (Monthly build from Dec. 2013)
4. Install from zip the repository with the 0.5.6 version of NHL Game Center Addon.
5. Get Add-Ons select Carb0's XBMC AddOns (Force the Refresh)
6. When I go to NHL Gamecenter in the Video Add-ons menu it states that it is Incompatible.
At this point I am unable to do anything else.

I have attempted to upate the gamecenter.py as part of the fix in post #718 on page 72, but I cannot for the life of me locate this file.

Thanks in advance for any assistance the community can offer.
In addon.xml make sure the python version says exactly "2.1.0" I find if it says 2.1 it doesn't work.
@RevRamon....I have done the exact same thing. Uninstalled Frodo completely. Installed lastest nightly build. downloaded the latest version of Carb0's Gamecenter addon...now it won't install. Says it is incompatible.

How are people running this in Gotham, and in which build?

Thanks.
Had the same issue yesterday actually when I was trying to reinstall the addon.
Had to install it manually by downloading zip file from here: http://carb0s-repo.googlecode.com/svn/ad...-0.5.6.zip
and unzipping it to addons folder.

Carb0, can you try to modify addon.xml as bobb0 says to put python version to 2.1.0?
I may have had to check the python api version of the deps as well. Its been a while since I ran into that issue.
Okay, I upgraded to the latest build of Gotham (I think I mentioned that earlier) I tried to install NHL Gamecenter. It would not install. So, I followed the advice here and manually installed the plugin to the addon folder. It now shows up in Gotham. I put my username and password into the settings page. Then tried to start the plugin, but it gives a script error that it is unable to connect to the server. Any ideas?

Thanks
I'm gonna try the live games this night as there is currently no game being played. However I'm having the problem of kicking me out of the game to the list for several weeks now. It seems as if there is a short break in the stream and the plugin can't handle that. The problem does not apply on every stream and not on a particular time. Anyone has an idea on how to fix that? I'm anything but an expert with that, but maybe it could be solved by increasing the duration of a possible "timeout"?
(2014-01-28, 05:40)1080pete Wrote: [ -> ]How do I edit the host file on raspbmc? Haven't a clue where to beginSad
Thank you

One way is to log into your raspberry pi with a ssh client such as Putty

default username: pi
default password: raspberry

Once you've logged in type the following command
sudo nano /etc/hosts
This will open the hosts file in the text editor nano with root privileges

Go to the first blank line in the file and add
192.241.136.149 nlsk.neulion.com
*with a tab between the ip and the url

Then press Ctrl+x to exit, it will ask you if you wish to save, say yes and when it prompts for the file name to write to just hit enter to save to the /etc/hosts file

To double check the changes were saved type
cat /etc/hosts

This should print the contents of the hosts file out and you should see your newly added line
Did the fix stop working or is it just me?

I can't get games going on Win7 or Raspberry Pi. They were working yesterday.
This has also stopped working for me on my ouya
no working for me now either
xbmcbuntu /hosts file changed and not going
they've changed it again ......
(2014-01-29, 02:50)eracknaphobia Wrote: [ -> ]Did the fix stop working or is it just me?

I can't get games going on Win7 or Raspberry Pi. They were working yesterday.

I can't get anything either.

It figures, I updated my linux box to Gotham in the hopes that would fix the stream drops, and now I don't get anything on it, or my Pi.

I have noticed that the vlc script from Reddit is no longer working either. The hosts file fix was common to both it and getting Carb0's plugin to work again.

It might be time for a new plan...
yeah, I have Win8 with IE / Chrome to watch now
use the pop up window that's built in
full screen
looks just as good (not quite but close ) to Carb0's
must easier to manoeuver between games in xbmc
doing in browser is a pain - in - da - @$$
b) edit gamecenter.py to get rid of nlsk and change

if it doesnt hellp, login to gamecenter live thru web interface, try any game then relaunch xbmc and try again