Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Discontinued] NHL Gamecenter Addon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-01-29, 04:12)Swiper the Fox Wrote: [ -> ]yeah, I have Win8 with IE / Chrome to watch now
use the pop up window that's built in
full screen
looks just as good (not quite but close ) to Carb0's
must easier to manoeuver between games in xbmc
doing in browser is a pain - in - da - @$$
3000 is pretty close to 4500, it stays right there, there is nothing to guess. framerate is actually more important in hockey, possibility to crop video would be not bad too, customer pays, gets the stream and chooses player himself - that is how it should be
So do we have to give up on this addon? Or are there other ideas? My daughters really love watching their favorite team on this addon. It is so clear. Great resolution. Would be a shame not to be able to use it any more.
satellite or ps3-xbox-appletv, maybe somebody knows how to emu apple tv on mac os ?
Speaking of which, anyone have an opinion of the best way to watch on tv besides this app. I need options. I have an apple tv but am not impressed.
(2014-01-31, 02:19)jayman13 Wrote: [ -> ]Speaking of which, anyone have an opinion of the best way to watch on tv besides this app. I need options. I have an apple tv but am not impressed.

I've been using the PS3 app for the past couple of weeks.

It works OK, get kicked out about every 10 minutes, quality is good. I've got it behind the Unblockus proxy as I missed XBMC's geo-restriction circumvention.
Getting kicked put isn't good though. The apple tv doesn't kick you out at all but intermittently streams at lower quality. I agree though, I miss the circumvention as well...
I have the Gamecenter channel on my Roku as a fallback. Picture quality is good, and rarely get kicked out, although I prefer Carb0's plugin for easier and quicker navigation between games.

I'm hopeful this plugin will rise from the ashes again soon.
(2014-01-31, 04:49)kobayashi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-31, 02:19)jayman13 Wrote: [ -> ]Speaking of which, anyone have an opinion of the best way to watch on tv besides this app. I need options. I have an apple tv but am not impressed.

I've been using the PS3 app for the past couple of weeks.

It works OK, get kicked out about every 10 minutes, quality is good. I've got it behind the Unblockus proxy as I missed XBMC's geo-restriction circumvention.

I've been using the exact same setup PS3 + Unblock-us. It's either the web version or PS3 in my man cave and since the web won't do 60fps (4500kbps) that rules it out. The PS3 is far from perfect, I have it hard wired, on a DMZ and the quality dips about every 5 minutes and can last up to a minute or two. Also I don't even try switching between games anymore because too many times the PS3 would freeze and I'd have to walk over and reset the damn thing.

The best playback I have seen, excluding this addon, is on my Roku 2 XD. The streams are solid HD 60fps, hardly any buffering and that's while using wifi from a router that is in a different room. The drawback here is the menus are SLOW, so if you like to switch games during commercial you can count that out.

It's a shame this addon keeps getting shutdown, it beats any of the "official" apps hands down. Thanks to Carb0 and the supporting community for all your hard work and I hope we will be up and running again soon.
Roku owners: do you always get 60fps? If so, I might just bite the bullet and get one.
(2014-01-31, 17:17)Ks Logic Wrote: [ -> ]Roku owners: do you always get 60fps? If so, I might just bite the bullet and get one.

I always do. I'm on Time Warner Standard Internet 15mbps down.
(2014-01-31, 17:17)Ks Logic Wrote: [ -> ]Roku owners: do you always get 60fps? If so, I might just bite the bullet and get one.

I have an older Roku 2500 (the cheapest one, got it at walmart for $48) and for the most part, the performance is great. I have 15 Mbps downstream, but it does occasionally drop frames, which can be really annoying. This rarely lasts more than a minute or so, and if it does I'll back out of the game and re-load (during commercial, of course). As has already been mentioned, the gamecenter menu on the Roku is slooooww. It can be a pain sometimes just to get into the channel and load up the menu for today's games, and switching between games quickly is pretty much not an option.

Carb0's plugin has a definite edge in ease of use, and overall slightly better picture quality, and is easily my first choice for watching hockey, but the Roku is a good backup device.
Thanks guys, guess I'll be ordering one this weekend. Can't deal with the web streaming quality! Many thanks to Carb0 for putting this together in the first place, though.
Yeah, looks like its roku for me as well. Thanks guys. Here's hoping there's a fix for this plugin though...
satellite mpeg2 stream looks just 100 times better then even XMBC and thus in SD... therefore it is at least really live, no 2-3 delay, the only thing to suck is no option to choose the broadcast side...
Anyone have any more progress with this addon or do we look for an alternative? This addon was great. Would really be a shame not to have it any more