Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Discontinued] NHL Gamecenter Addon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First off, awesome add-on. Out of all my streaming options (browser, ps3, ipad), this is by far the best quality with best HD resolution and frame rate without any lagging or skipping so thank you for all the fine work Carb0.
Gamcenter subscriber last year. Canadian Rogers subscriber this year.
Tried juggie's suggestion modifying .py for Rogers users which gave me access but live games is missing.
Any suggestions, or will I just have to be patient until a new release comes around?
(2014-10-10, 01:41)rocketr Wrote: [ -> ]The app doesn't work on the firetv because of no location services. Does anyone have a work around?

I'm watching the pens game on firetv right now. I just hit enable on location service part and it took me to the login. No root on my firetv either.
I can confirm the App works on the FireTV. Use a mouse and keyboard to make it work easier. Would have confirmed it earlier but the PENS were scoring a ton and I was just happy to see it all on the 100'.

On a side note, I really hope this add-on can still function properly very soon. I have a good feeling Carb0 will nail it again.
I've tried everything. Mine says its missing location services Sad
For some reason I keep getting "Script Failed" when choosing Live Games. I had this working on this computer last year but still no go tonight. Last night's games load fine (when I try them now). Any thoughts? I can't remember if I had to do something special to get Live Games working. Thanks.

Sorry, looks like it is still being worked on for this year. I just saw the last few posts about the Fire TV working and thought it was through XBMC and this addon but now it looks like there is an app for the Fire TV
(2014-10-10, 02:45)rocketr Wrote: [ -> ]I've tried everything. Mine says its missing location services Sad

Are you using the latest apk (4.1008)? It might be worth reinstalling or at least clearing the cache.
(2014-10-10, 01:43)arlich Wrote: [ -> ]First off, awesome add-on. Out of all my streaming options (browser, ps3, ipad), this is by far the best quality with best HD resolution and frame rate without any lagging or skipping so thank you for all the fine work Carb0.
Gamcenter subscriber last year. Canadian Rogers subscriber this year.
Tried juggie's suggestion modifying .py for Rogers users which gave me access but live games is missing.
Any suggestions, or will I just have to be patient until a new release comes around?

Hi Arlich,

Glad to know that is all that was missing for rogers login, i spent a few minutes checking it out in chrome debugger last night. Carb0 will be able to solve that easily by adding a toggle in the properties to chose which type of account you have. As far as the live games go, there are a few solutions and most likely Carb0 is working on something. I know of one solution myself.
Just found a workaround for the time being....airplay from my iPad is working with XBMC for both audio and VIDEO.

I know that I tried this in the past and only audio worked. My iPad is NOT jailbroken and is running ios 7.1.1, XBMC Gotham 13.1

Feed is not as good as this add-on, but that was expected. At least it is on my TV! Have xbox 360 as backup, but they haven't updated the app, in fact it is missing for the time being. Why is it so hard to be a hockey fan?!
Uhmm xbox360 app is updated. I am watching it now. Try deleting and installing the new app.

Edit: was updated days ago.
I deleted the old app last night, but I don't see a new one....any other thoughts?
(2014-10-10, 04:25)HocEman Wrote: [ -> ]Just found a workaround for the time being....airplay from my iPad is working with XBMC for both audio and VIDEO.

I know that I tried this in the past and only audio worked. My iPad is NOT jailbroken and is running ios 7.1.1, XBMC Gotham 13.1

Feed is not as good as this add-on, but that was expected. At least it is on my TV! Have xbox 360 as backup, but they haven't updated the app, in fact it is missing for the time being. Why is it so hard to be a hockey fan?!

They changed the name on Android, did they do the same thing on xbox? On the play store its now just called 'NHL' instead of the old name. Even had to redo the settings (eg login again) on android as well so it seems it is a complete rewrite.
Your Xbox sucks? Lol sorry... If it's not showing up as an available app I can't help you. PS I'm not on gold so it should be available to anyone. The new app icon when its installed has an ugly green background.
Thanks! Got it now....had to search for it, like a dope I figured it would show up under "sports" right next to NFL and MLB...
2010-11 archived games only working for May and June. Can someone else test please?
(2014-10-10, 06:20)mr.sparkle Wrote: [ -> ]2010-11 archived games only working for May and June. Can someone else test please?

There will be a fix in the next version of the add-on. In the mean time you can add a new line to the 'teams' file in the add-on folder:

Code:
ATL, Atlanta, Trashers, Atlanta Trashers, ATL, Trashers

You can open the file with a text editor.

I hope I can have a look at the problems with live games this weekend.