Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LINUX] Revo 3700 Sound through HDMI on an AVR255
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone Smile

Let me start by saying I have been using XBMC on several systems for quite some time, and could solve a lot of problems on the way by browsing the forums here .. so thank you all Smile But now it is time to actually post something, since I am struggling with a difficult problem and quite frankly don't know what else I could try.

First my configuration:

I'm on a Revo 3700 running the latest OpenELEC_PVR with Eden.
The Revo is connected to a Harman Kardon AVR255 tunneling the HDMI to my TV.

The Problem is that I cannot get Audio from the AVR. However:

- Directly connecting the Revo to the TV via HDMI I get Audio

- My Sat reciever connected via HDMI to the AVR get's me Audio as well

So I definitely have HDMI output on the revo, and the AVR tunnels the audio from my sat-reciever just fine .. but when I connect the Revo to the AVR it doesn't seem to find any input.

It's kind of frustrating really but I'll continue to play around with it .. I just don't know what to try out anymore. Maybe I could connect the Revo via SPDIF to the AVR .. maybe that will change something. I'll have to get a cable first though.

This might not be an XBMC problem at all, but I guess it is more likely in any case to find answers here.

Any Ideas would be very appreciated Smile
Update:

I was testing if my PS3 on the same HDMI cable with the same settings would work, and it did.

But as I plugged it back into the Revo (that was still running) it suddenly worked !

My guess is that some setting on the AVR got screwed up and plugging the PS3 into it sorted it out somehow.

In any case it seems to work just fine now Smile