Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Video Library - Show only playable files and folders with videos in it?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've added my media collection folder as the main source to the Video library. However, in its current display state, it's completely useless. Since the source also contains folders with music albums and other stuff like applications in it, there are 400 alleged "files" in the list, mostly "empty" folders (e.g. folders with no video files in it) that completely clutter the list and make finding actual video content almost impossible.

Is there an option to only display folders in the currently selected source with actual video files in it instead of throwing this useless list of all folders at me? Rivet, for example, automatically did this and only displayed "TV Show Season 1", "TV Show Season 2" and "Movie X" as selectable folders instead of thousands of empty "Artist - Album (1-999)" folders.

Thanks!
did you scan the source recursevly?
PatrickS Wrote:I've added my media collection folder as the main source to the Video liontent almost impossible.

Is there an option to only display folders in the currently selected source with actual video files in it instead of throwing this useless list of all folders at me? Rivet, for example, automatically did this and only displayed "TV Show Season 1", "TV Show Season 2" and "Movie X" as selectable folders instead of thousands of empty "Artist - Album (1-999)" folders.

Thanks!

I'd delete your video database and start over. If your using the stable Dharma version it will be MyVideos34.db. When adding sources you don't add an entire drive or mixed media. If your movies are in M:\Media\Video\Movies then add the Movies folder as your source. Likewise M:\Media\Video\TVSeries are TV Shows then you add TVSeries. XBMC also supports multiple sources for videos so if you have more than one folder containing movies then instead of adding an entirely new source you add an additional path to an existing source.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Video_Library