Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No Audio (Audio icon is red with a slash through it)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have a Windows 7 machine with XBMC Eden 11 installed.

I have 3 methods of outputting sound:

HDMI through HD 5800 graphics card
Stereo Output through Realtek HD Audio Card
USB Headphones

None are working. I have a Red audio icon in the top right of my screen with a slash through it.

I'm pretty sure my audio settings are the default: Analog output, 2.1 speaker config, boost volume level on down mix, and Audio Output Device is DirectSound: Primary Sound Driver. I've tried changing the Audio output to my various audio devices and also tried changing the output to HDMI, nothing is working.

Any ideas?

Log file
Well I'm a dork. XBMC sound was muted thus the red icon, pressing F10 (volume up -- F9 is volume down) upped the volume and sound works.
Thanks for being a "Dork" I guess I'm one Too!!!

This thread helped me find my no audio problems. What got me is my video dvd's were playing audio just fine. The I went to play some FLAC files for the first time. Then I fell into the audio all the way down trap!

Thanks again,

Woogetybop
Here is another dork!
Thanks for your F10 commands. Did the trick for me.Big Grin
Dork here also. Thank you for posting this. Was working on it for 25 minutes and couldn't figure out what I'd done. I never would have figured it out. I know it's an old post, but it's still relevant today!
Ha glad to hear it Smile
Thread marked solved.
Damn, 10 years later and this post is still saving people a lot of trouble.

Thanks a million!